Thursday, October 30, 2025

Lucky Gunner Reviews Taurus 22TUC

This is Taurus' latest iteration of its .22LR tip up barrel pocket pistol design. Chris Baker gives it a pretty good review with one exception: reliability. He had a handful of misfeeds and/or misfires out of each 100 round string of fire. The reliability issues are low enough that if this was a range toy, it would be of no real consequence. But as a defensive pistol, even a 2 or 3% failure rate is concerning. But is it the pistol or the ammunition? Several years ago, I had a bulk box of .22 LR from a reputable manufacturer where literally every other round was a dud even with good primer strikes, no matter what firearm I used; and I just have an impression--I haven't been keeping score--that quality control has slipped overall with .22 ammo production.  And I'm not the only one that feels that way, as it seems this has been a well visited topic in various forums and boards. 

VIDEO: "Taurus 22TUC: Budget Price, Zero Compromises (Well, Maybe One)"
Lucky Gunner Ammo (8 min.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safest Countries To Hide From The Apocalypse?

The researchers that looked into this issue, according to the Daily Mail, were looking only at global disasters, which fell into three broad...