Thursday, September 7, 2023

Update Re: Galco Classic Lite 2.0 Shoulder System

 A couple weeks ago I posted my initial impressions upon receiving Galco's "Classic Lite 2.0 Shoulder System". I took one look at it and realized that I had been snookered and immediately went about getting it returned and getting a refund. The refund did not reimburse me for the shipping costs on my order and, of course, didn't include return shipping. 

    Anyway, with that process out of the way, I didn't think anything further about it until yesterday when I received an email from Galco asking me to review my purchase. So I did, giving it a one star and describing how cheaply it was made, particularly for the price. I also noted I would have given the product a two star review because of the prompt response from their customer service, but because the refund didn't include shipping and I'd had to pay to ship it back, I decided to stick with one star. 

    Shortly after posting the review, I received a call from their customer service wanting to address my concerns. At first he took the approach that I had unrealistic expectations vis-à-vis Galco's Miami Classic holster which cost twice as much and which used the thicker, nicer leather that was formed to fit the firearm. I noted that I had a couple quality shoulder holsters that had cost about the same as the Classic Lite a couple years ago and were currently only about $40 or $50 more, and so for the price I expected something better than I received. 

    He then shifted to explaining that Galco's costs were high because they used American leather and manufactured in the United States, before offering to refund my original shipping and provide a code for 20% off any of their other products, but that was the best he could do (I would note that I just received an email today indicating that Galco is currently having a 25% off sale, so he couldn't even offer me their store-wide sale). In any event, he suggested moving up to the Miami Classic which, with the 20% discount, would be still be well over $200. I laughed and said I would have to think about it, and that was the end of the call. He never even gave me the code for 20% off. 

    I haven't yet checked to see of the shipping was returned. But I did go back to Galco's site and found that my review wasn't showing. Thinking it had been removed, I tried to post a second, updated review but was told that I couldn't post because my first review was still "pending" publication. Apparently that must be how Galco keeps such high reviews for their products--they simply don't allow negative reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PJ Media: "How 'Woke' Social Conditioning Almost Cost My Friend His Life ..."

I've mentioned before that because black males have a much, much greater propensity to commit violent crime, one should exercise a corre...