- And the worm turns: "AOC HECKLED by furious New Yorkers over migrant crisis."
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was drowned out by New Yorkers furious at the migrant crisis that has erupted in the city.Protesters shouted 'close the border' as the 'Squad' member tried to address the press outside the Roosevelt Hotel in Manhattan.She was part of a group of Democratic lawmakers who had to end a press conference early because they were drowned out.
Time to send more busloads to the Big Apple. If New York's Congress critters have to bow to public pressure to close the borders, that may be enough to get Congress to act on the matter and force the president's hand as well.
- Doubling down on stupid: "Chicago Democratic lawmakers now want to model 'migrant camps' on New York City's 'tent shelters' as the Big Apple faces crisis that will cost $4B this year - and AOC gets heckled for leading tour." Excellent. Make them live up to their own rules.
- Laying the groundwork for Michelle Obama to run: "ANDREW NEIL: The 'Dump Joe' bandwagon is now rolling so fast even deluded Democrats are jumping on board... as they finally grasp the unthinkable: doddery Biden's gifting Trump the White House." Although I am more inclined to believe that this may be laying the groundwork to force Biden to resign rather than go through the impeachment process and all the dirt that will be dug up.
- Dove to Budweiser, "Hold my beer": "Dove hit by growing BOYCOTT for hiring BLM activist Zyahna Bryant who ruined white student Morgan Bettinger's life." Lizzo seems slim compared to Bryant. Anyway, Dove hired Bryant to be their "fat acceptance ambassador". The problem?
Bryant claimed that she had overheard a white student named Morgan Bettinger threaten Black Lives Matter protesters in Charlottesville in July 2020.
But Bryant later admitted she may have 'misheard', after gleefully watching and joining-in as Bettinger was canceled and her life was destroyed.Bettinger was subjected to a torrent of abuse and a campaign to remove her from UVA. Staff and students ganged up against her and scuppered her future prospects.
* * *
In July 2020, amid the George Floyd protests, Bettinger mistakenly drove into a street where protesters were gathered.As she tried to get away, her car was encircled.Bettinger said she told a truck driver, who was in front of her and blocking the way, that: 'It's a good thing that you are here, because otherwise these people would have been speed bumps.'Bryant tweeted that Bettinger had said the protesters would have 'make good speedbumps' and implied the words had been said with malevolent intent.Bettinger was quickly identified, with the revelation that she was pro-police - and with a late father who had worked as a police officer - further outraging her critics.Bryant and others called for a severe punishment, or expulsion from UVA.Bryant then embarked on an email campaign to have Bettinger expelled, tweeting: 'EMAIL these UVA deans now to demand that Morgan face consequences for her actions and that UVA stop graduating racists.'Bettinger was subsequently shunned at college, and even stalked around her hometown, making her fear for her safety.UVA's Judiciary Committee later found Bettinger guilty of making a legitimate threat, despite being unable to prove Bryant's claim about her intentions.Its 'jurors' told her that even saying the words in a harmless manner during the anti-racism protests of summer 2020 merited punishment.Bryant also filed a complaint with the school's Office for Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights (EOCR), where the student activist claimed Bettinger had made the statement five times and had discriminated against Bryant on the basis of race.EOCR found that three of the five accusations could not be corroborated, and Bryant herself later admitted she may have misheard the 'speed bumps' claim.Most damningly, the report - which was brought forth because of Bryant's complaint - found that Bryant most likely did not hear Bettinger make the comment first hand.No eyewitnesses were able to corroborate Bryant's version of events.'Based on Bryant's immediate and surprised tone following the second third party's reply, EOCR finds it more likely than not that it was at that moment Bryant first learned that [Bettinger] made a statement about protestors making speed bumps,' the report, obtained by Reason, stated.The Judiciary Committee's ruling is still noted on her permanent record - ruining the now-graduate's chances at law school.Bettinger is considering filing a lawsuit.
- Department of Justice continues to cover for Biden: "DOJ blocks congressional testimony of FBI agent who allegedly LIED about Big Tech suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story." The article explains that "Agency witnesses are allowed to bring either agency counsel or personal counsel to committee interviews, but not both," so the DOJ made sure that the Agency's counsel also showed up at the hearing in addition to the agent's own attorney, making it impossible to hold the hearing per the rule.
- Federal Bureau of Instigating: "Three man tied to botched plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer are found NOT GUILTY by jury." The article relates that "William Null, twin brother Michael Null, 41, and Eric Molitor, 39, were found not guilty of providing support for a terrorist act and a weapon charge." These were the last 3 of 14 people charged in relation to the matter, with 9 having been convicted.