Wednesday, August 26, 2026

A Practical Axe Manual

Happened across a useful resource: "An Ax to Grind: A Practical Ax Manual" published by the U.S. Forest Service. It covers the basics of using an axe, including chopping techniques and cuts, as well as covering topics of felling a tree (just the axe use, though, not correctly judging how a tree will fall and other safety issues), limbing a log, cutting pinned down saplings, bucking (cutting a log into usable lengths), splitting wood, and hewing (shaping a log). 

3 comments:

  1. It came with a VHS video tape. I have it as an MP4. Any way I can make it available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the problems with Blogger is that I can’t share files, at least not that I’ve ever figured out.

      Delete
  2. Nice. I like that they almost immediately get into safety, including while just carrying the axe on the trail.

    ReplyDelete

They Are Never Going To Assimulate

The Daily Mail reports that the Real Madrid (which I assume is a Spanish soccer team) insisted that its team members wear t-shirts bearing a...