Wednesday, September 4, 2024

RIP Paul Harrell

Source: Found on Reddit

I've been a long time fan of Paul Harrell's YouTube channel. Of course I knew of his cancer diagnosis, but was nevertheless surprised and saddened to hear that he had passed away. I saw the "I'm Dead" video yesterday evening, about 45 minutes after it was released and before I even saw the update video from his brother released a couple hours earlier. It is both interesting and gratifying that Paul's death has received some wider media attention (see, e.g., "YouTuber and guns rights activist Paul Harrell announces his own death: ‘If you’re watching me, I’m dead’"--New York Post; "‘If You’re Watching Me, I’m Dead’: Popular Firearms Expert And YouTuber Paul Harrell Dies At 58"--Daily Caller). His brother Roy and his editor hope to continue the channel.

2 comments:

  1. This was the first video I saw of him. Sad that I missed him in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed his use of meat targets. Perhaps not as consistent as using calibrated ballistic gelatin, but I think it still gave valuable information on how a particular round would work against actual flesh and bone.

      Delete

TSA Warns Of Rise In Passengers Trying To Carry "Cat's Eyes" Onto Planes

One of the consequences of the constant effort to disarm Americans so that they are helpless in the face of a terrorist or other violent cri...