- "Yemen is getting nasty. Debka File is reporting two Saudi Armored Brigades in country." The post at SNAFU! indicates that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Republic have successfully conducted an air and sea landing of two armored brigades and several commando battalions. Iran reportedly was taken by surprise and may be unable to supply extra arms and materials to the Houthi rebels.
- The Chinese People's Liberation Army in 2025 (PDF), published by the United States Army War College (courtesy of SNAFU!).
- "A few bad apples? 46% of cops admit to witnessing misconduct by other cops."
- "Room Clearing and MOUT." A couple videos linked/posted by Come and Make It.
- "Intel’s New Memory Chips Are Faster, Store Way More Data" at Wired. "Intel and Micron say they have designed a new class of memory chip that could radically improve the performance of smartphones, desktops, laptops, and other computing devices. ... [T]he technology is called 3D XPoint. According to Intel and Micron, these chips are “non-volatile,” meaning they can store data even without power; they’re up to 1,000 faster than NAND flash memory chips used in most mobile devices; and they can store 10 times more data than the DRAM (dynamic random access memory) chips used in PCs." Intel and Micron are planning on building the chips at a facility in Utah. Unfortunately, Tsinghua Unigroup (a Chinese state owned company) is attempting to buy Micron. (See also this LA Times article). According to the latter article, acquisition of Micron would give China the technology to build their own memory chips--a key strategic technology.
- "The Cathedral goes viral." An overarching term referring to the media, the professoriate and the bureaucracy, and "to refer to their religion and the method by which they exercise sovereignty over the country."
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
A Quick Run Around the Web -- August 5, 2015
By Docent at August 05, 2015
A recent Bombs & Bants Podcast revolved around the subject of what the world would look like in 2040 . And while John Wilder, his wife a...