|From "Bloody casualties, bombed out cities and weary men: The horrors of World War II revealed in never-before-seen pictures of the Western Front taken by four-star general" at The Daily Mail.|
A few articles on various topics:
- Gizmodo explores "What Would Happen if a Massive Solar Storm Hit the Earth?" Money quote: "It’s important to keep in mind that we aren’t talking about some incredibly far-fetched, Armageddon-style apocalypse situation here. In fact, in July of 2012, a massive CME ripped through Earth’s orbit and narrowly missed us. That event, which was picked up by NASA’s STEREO-A satellite, would have registered a Dst of -1200 nT — comparable to the Carrington event."
- "Any Other Taurus Millennium Owners Here?" The Silicon Greybeard discusses the Taurus recall.
- "Slow Farming Tools" at No Tech Magazine. "Called the Slow Tools Project, this partnership brings together leading engineers and farmers to design and build appropriately scaled tools that are lightweight, affordable and open-source."
- "Watch The Hands – Threat Recognition"--Survive and Defend.
- "6 Signs You’re Using The Wrong CCW Handgun"--USA Carry. Tips on selecting a handgun for concealed carry.
- "Inside off-the-grid Virginia commune where EVERYTHING - from housing to childcare - is shared (but residents must get group PERMISSION before having a baby)"--The Daily Mail. A hippy commune, that will be an easy target if society breaks down: "Inside Twin Oaks, residents have access to the internet, but televisions, video games and guns are banned."
- "'North Korea is on the brink of war': South Korea refuses to back down after Kim Jong Un issues ultimatum in the loudspeaker propaganda row and orders his troops to prepare for battle." More saber rattling on the Korean peninsula.