Friday, December 15, 2023

Test of One-Pot Meals

Back in early November, David Bock of Blue Collar Prepping published an article on "Prepper's Pantry: One-Pot Meals" which included a couple recopies to try out the concept: a recipe for what he called "bachelor chicken" and "chicken with onions." When I'd linked to his article, I had promised to try them out. I finally tried the "bachelor chicken" earlier this week (having finally remembered to get a back of vegetables that seemed more appropriate than what I normally keep on hand) and it went very well. Everyone liked it--enough so that there were no left overs and everyone agreed we should try it again. Combined with some dinner rolls thrown in the oven, it made for a very good but still reasonably inexpensive meal.

    The only clarification that I would make is that the recipe calls for a can of cream of chicken soup, but if you are using the Campbell's condensed soups, you do need to mix up the soup with the water or milk, per the instructions on the can, before adding it to the pan. At least that is what I did and it turned out great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For My Idaho Readers: BLM Issues Summer Fire Prevention Order

Per Boise State Public Radio : Starting May 10, people cannot use fireworks, exploding targets, steel ammunition, among other restrictions. ...