Thursday, December 21, 2023

"I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day"

This is one of my favorite Christmas hymns (at least it is in my church's hymnal). And maybe I'm just biased because of growing up with the arrangement in the LDS hymnal, but I had a hard time finding a good version of this song on YouTube due to the terrible arrangements. I think part of the problem is that it is such a short song that everyone feels compelled to drag it out, add musical interludes, personalize it, etc., to make it longer. In any event, I fell back on just picking a couple from the Tabernacle Choir: the first is the bare-bones hymn and the second is a longer piece that intermixes dialogue about the story of the hymn with verses sung by the choir. The dialogue is presented by the actor, Edward Herrmann. He's been in many films and television shows, but the role I always associate him with is the head vampire in The Lost Boys



No comments:

Post a Comment

For My Idaho Readers: BLM Issues Summer Fire Prevention Order

Per Boise State Public Radio : Starting May 10, people cannot use fireworks, exploding targets, steel ammunition, among other restrictions. ...