Monday, January 31, 2022

In Memoriam: Marcus Wynne

    I've learned that author, trainer, member of the "been there, done that" club, and friend, Marcus Wynne, passed away last week. Although I never had the opportunity to meet Marcus in person, he somehow came across my blog and reached out to me via email in early 2018 and we've been corresponding since.

    Only knowing Marcus for such a short time, and only communicating through email, I can't say that I knew Marcus as well as did many others in the shooting community. But there were several things I learned of the man that came through in his comments and emails.

    First, he was a deeply spiritual man. He had an intense interest in religious and spiritual beliefs of various sects and peoples, which often showed up in his writing. He had an intense faith in God and was eager to understand His word.

    Second, he really cared about people. His life seemed to have been one concentrated on protecting the good from the evil. Although I don't know much of his life as a trainer, I know that he helped train anti-terrorist police and military units in such diverse places as South Africa, Israel, and Northern Europe, as well as in the United States. In his emails to me, he had a great deal of concern on where society was going and the consequences it could have on people. On an individual level, he helped train people in self-defense techniques and did other work to help people win the good fight against the evil in this world. 

    On a personal note, he and I shared an interest in the Suspicious Observers You Tube channel and the information provided there. He also went out of his way to help me with my blog. He would include me in emails he sent out with interesting news stories, articles or videos related to self-defense, and terrorist warnings that had been issued, many of which I passed on to you, the readers of this blog. He helped my blog in other ways such as putting me in touch with people that could provide gear for me to review, as well as answering questions I had as to certain topics or volunteering information about topics I had raised in my blog. For instance, after I posted a recent video about "woobies" he wrote to me:

    Woobies are great albeit expensive; poncho liners go back to my era in the 70s (I had a chance to handle a special prototype made as casualty blankets for the Son Tay raiders who made off with all of them when the raid came up dry). The USMC liner is well made and cheap, Skumberjak and others make good ones, but hands down FAVORITE is the Hill People Gear Mountain Serape. Brilliant design fits inside of a standard

    Poncho but with carefully placed zippers turns into a great coat essentially a sleeping bag you can walk and shoot in, and also converts to a lightweight sleeping bag. Used with additional warm layers it’s entirely fine for overnights into fall and would serve in an emergency in winter if augmented by other layers and a fire. ...

Although he did not share this with me, I suspect that he directed many others to my blog.

    Third, he was an accomplished writer, as attested by his novels and other works available on Amazon.

    I will miss him. Until we meet again before the throne of God....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bombs & Bants Episode 126

 An irreverent discussion of top news stories including more cash for Ukraine, spoiled brats at Columbia, who is the bigger jackass--Biden o...