Friday, November 8, 2019

ABC Anchor Amy Robach and Her Quashed Epstein Story

If you have paying attention to the news, you probably know Project Veritas recently released a video provided by a whistleblower showing ABC news anchor Amy Robach complaining that three years before news of Epstein's scandals released, she had a story all ready to run, but which story was quashed by higher-ups at ABC. PJ Media has the video and transcript of Robach's remarks:
Christ Tempted by the Devil (1818)
"I've had the story for three years. I've had this interview with Virginia Roberts. We would not put it on the air. First of all, I was told, 'Who is Jeffrey Epstein? No one knows who that is. This is a stupid story.' Then the Palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways. We were so afraid we wouldn't be able to interview Kate and Will, that also quashed the story. And then Alan Dershowitz was also implicated in it, 'cause of the planes. She told me everything. She had pictures. She had everything. She was in hiding for 12 years. We convinced her to come out. We convinced her to talk to us. It was unbelievable, what we had. Clinton, we had everything. I tried for three years to get it on, to no avail. And now it's all coming out, and it's like these new revelations, and I freaking had all of it. I'm so pissed right now. Like, every day I get more and more pissed, 'cause I'm just like, oh my God. What we had was unreal. Other women backing it up... Brad Edwards, the attorney, three years ago saying like, 'There will come a day, but we will realize Jeffrey Epstein was the most prolific pedophile this country has ever known.' I had it all, three years ago."
      The Spectator has some more details about Robach's story and why she kept quite about it in its article, "The mysterious career of Amy Robach" by Chadwick Moore. He writes:
     If journalists wonder why they are so hated, look no further than Amy Robach herself. In the video, she is incensed by one thing: that she didn’t get credit for breaking the Epstein story. ‘We had everything,’ Robach says in the video. ‘I tried for three years to get it on, to no avail. And now it’s all coming out and it’s like these new revelations and I freaking had all of it. I’m so pissed right now. Every day I get more and more pissed ’cause I’m just like, oh my God. What we had was unreal.’

     Never mind that by killing the story her network potentially aided ‘the most prolific pedophile in American history,’ as she claims one of her sources said of Epstein. Never mind the untold number of girls’ lives potentially ruined in the years between 2016 and Epstein’s arrest. Robach also expresses zero outrage that her sources will never see their rapist brought to justice. Most disturbingly, she’s not the least bit horrified or disillusioned by how deep the corruption runs in her insulated media universe. It’s just another day in the office, where nothing matters more than her precious career.
But this is probably the most important part of his article:
After Robach acquiesced to having her bombshell report killed, her career advanced within the network. In 2018 she became co-anchor of the prestigious 20/20 news magazine on ABC. In 2019, after admitting on the hot mic she believed the Clintons and the British royal family were both involved in Epstein’s pedo-ring, Robach did an excellent job of not appearing reluctant when she gave both families glowing media coverage on ABC News.
And that is the rub: there is a system in place to reward people who get along to go along, and are willing to look the other way.

    I'm sorry to return again to David Samuels' interview of Angelo Codevilla, but there is so much to that interview and it addresses a wide range of topics. Of importance here, though, is that Codevilla was given this same Faustian offer. Codevilla related:
     When I started working for the Senate, some folks at the agency figured out that I wasn’t a run-of-the-mill staffer. So I was visited by one of the old boys who took me up to the director’s office—the director wasn’t there at the time. He took me up via the director’s elevator, he had a key. And showed me all around and was very, very clubby with me. Then they took me to his house, which is overlooking the Potomac, with these large wolfhounds sitting about. And essentially, he said the equivalent of “all this could be yours.”

* * *

     If you play the game. I said to myself, “Hmmmm, what did the Lord say to all this?”

     But it really is a matter of who has dinner with whom. I have worked in Washington long enough to know that people would sell their souls for invitations to be at certain tables. To be allowed to speak with this person or that. In the end, it’s all social.

     And how do you become social? You express the same thoughts, you have the same tastes. You vacation in the same places. You love the same loves, you hate the same hates.

2 comments:

  1. And why do you have to play the game? Because if the people knew what was going on, Washington would be rubble in a week. Unless something good was new on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the unintended consequences of the "woke" entertainment industry is that it doesn't appeal to us normals. Bad propaganda doesn't work because nobody wants to watch it.

      Delete

The Age of Underpopulation

I took my title from an article at Watts Up With That entitled " The Age of Underpopulation is Here " by Steve Goreham. I've w...