Friday, March 22, 2024

Israel "Threatens" To Go It Alone In Gaza

I'm not sure how he thinks this is a threat, but whatever: "Netanyahu says he is going into Rafah with or without American support: Israeli PM tells Blinken he is going to 'finish Hamas' in and will 'do it alone' if he doesn't get U.S. backing in huge snub to Biden." Netanyahu announced today:

    'Today, I met with the U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken. I conveyed my deep appreciation for our joint effort in combating Hamas for over five months,' Netanyahu said.

    'I emphasized our commitment to evacuating civilians from conflict zones and addressing humanitarian needs. However, I underscored the necessity of entering the Strip and neutralizing the remaining militias to defeat Hamas,' he added. 

    'While I expressed hope for U.S. support, I made it clear that if necessary, we would proceed independently.' 

2 comments:

  1. Get ready for us to import hundreds of thousands of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The irony is that most of the Palestinians are probably descendants of the Jews that remained in the land after the destruction of Jerusalem--mostly farmers and herders that would have avoided the enslavement of those Jews that participated in the insurrection against the Romans.

      Delete

Another Step Toward Space Based Solar Power

 From Space.com: " Space-based solar power may be one step closer to reality, thanks to this key test (video) ." From the lede:   ...