Thursday, March 21, 2024

Get Woke, Go Broke: Planet Fitness Edition

The headline from the Daily Mail pretty much says it all: "Planet Fitness sees $400MILLION wiped off its value in just five days after banning member who exposed 'trans woman' shaving in the female locker rooms." The article relates:

    Patricia Silva was barred from the gym in Alaska after she detailed an incident online - where she said she saw a transgender woman in her locker room.

    Following backlash against the ban, the company said although some members may feel uncomfortable sharing facilities, 'this discomfort is not a reason to deny access to the transgender member.'

* * *

    Silva posted a video describing her experience at the gym on Facebook in early March. 

    She said she had just finished working out at Planet Fitness' Fairbanks location, when she saw the person, whom she called 'a man with a penis,' carrying out his routine in front of a 12-year-old girl.

    Silva, who has previously run for Fairbanks Borough Assembly, told the 'trans woman' they should really be using the male locker room. The trans woman replied that they were 'LGB.'

    Silva then took a picture of the person and shared it online and recounted her experience in a Facebook video: 'I just came out of Planet Fitness. 

    'There is a man shaving in the women's bathroom. I love him in Christ. He is a spiritual being having a human experience. 

    'He doesn't like his gender so he wants to be a woman, but I'm not comfortable with him shaving in my bathroom. I just thought I'd say it out loud.'

    Silva - who has shared QAnon conspiracy theories on social media - also described the encounter in a written post online.

    'I went to planet fitness… Walked in the bathroom, and there stands a MAN shaving… I looked at him, said 'hey' … he looked up… and I said, 'You are a man shaving in the women's bathroom, and I am not OK with that.'

    'He replied… 'Well, I'm LGB…'

    'Whatever that is… nevertheless, I told him 'You're a MAN and you're invading my space!'

    'He wanted to argue to justify why he can be there… I walked away…

    'I stepped out of the locker room and loudly asked the front desk, 'Are you aware that there is a MAN shaving in the women's bathroom… I'm not OK with that ⁉️' The two men standing at the desk, put their heads down, and their tails between their legs! As I was walking out the door…at my back, a woman shouts 'it's a girl'… I shouted back 'it's a man!''

    'PF cancelled my membership and allowed the pedo to stay ‼️,' she stated.

    Planet Fitness revoked Silva's membership and filed a police report against her, citing her violation of gym policy by taking photos and/or videos in the locker room. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm amused, but only very slightly, by this; I dumped my Planet Fitness membership almost 10 years ago when PF announced their "gender-free open locker room" policy. That it's taken the better part of a decade to achieve critical mass and a reaction is a little surprising. I guess reading the fine print and paying attention is something of a lost art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the disastrous attempts to foment revolution in the 1920s and 1960s, the Left learned to only crank up the heat slowly. Widespread pushback occurs when they have moved too quickly or too broadly.

      Delete

Another Step Toward Space Based Solar Power

 From Space.com: " Space-based solar power may be one step closer to reality, thanks to this key test (video) ." From the lede:   ...