Thursday, July 13, 2023

VIDEO: For My LDS Readers--What Happened To The Stone Box That Held The Golden Plates?

This was a particularly interesting video for me because of it had information that I'd never heard before. I have, until seeing this, believed that the stone box on the Hill Cumorah in which the golden plates had been placed by Moroni was still in place and, at times, wondered why no one had ever found the box. I know that I'm not the only that has thought this because I've heard discussion of this with teachers and other members who hypothesized that the box was simply overgrown, partially buried, or otherwise not easily found. But as this video explains, the box was apparently seen and located by people other than Joseph Smith, but by the latter half of the 19th Century the box had been broken up, the pieces apparently had tumbled down the hill, and eventually the pieces were removed or carted away (the hill apparently was cleared of all its trees and brush at some point based on the photographs, and probably, therefore, under cultivation).  

Saints Unscripted (6 min.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bullet Migration in 9mm Revolvers

  John Farnam has an article up at AmmoLand.com on this topic . As you may realize either from practical experience and/or application of ba...