|Cole Thomas: The Course of Empire - The Arcadian or Pastoral State (1836)|
Firearms and Self-Defense:
- "DSEI 2015: Beretta unveils ARX-200 battle rifle"--Jane's. A 7.62 NATO rifle boasting 1.5 MOA with target grade ammunition.
- "STA 50A .50 Caliber Fully Suppressed Semi-Auto with Hydraulic Recoil Dampening System"--The Firearms Blog. Supposed to allow off-hand shooting of the .50 BMG round; and they think they can make a 20 mm version also capable of off-hand shooting.
- "Rail Mounted RDS Taken Waaay Too Far"--The New Rifleman. The red dot is not intended to be mounted at the end of the barrel.
- "Some pitfalls of private firearms sales"--Bayou Renaissance Man. Some advice on purchasing firearms through private sales.
- "Angel Armor Ballistic Door Panels"--Blue Sheepdog. Up-armoring patrol cars with IIIA ballistic panels for the doors.
- "Fishing"--Rory Miller. How criminals fish for information about their victims.
- "New Executive Order To 'Nudge' the American People"--The Silicon Graybeard. More on the Obama executive order authorizing behavioral modification.
- "Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics"--The Daily Caller. A proposal by climate scientists to use RICO laws against heretics. They must be real confident of their "science."
- "'Super-gonorrhoea' outbreak across north of England sparks national alert"--The Telegraph. It is resistant to azithromycin; and around 10% of those infected do not experience symptoms, so it can go untreated for a period of time.
- "Police gird for Temple Mount violence Friday as unrest persists"--The Times of Israel. Palestinian "youth" (i.e., military age men) stirring up more trouble.
- "Police War-Everyone’s Battle"--Black Man With A Gun. Some thoughts on La Raza, Black Lives Matter, and overmilitarized police; and noting that 2015 is on course to be the safest years for police (as measured by gun related deaths) since 1870. This is in line with Mosby's recent article, "You’re Getting Played….".