- "South African mercenaries' secret war on Boko Haram" at The Telegraph. Apparently a few good, trained men, was all it took to route Boko Haram.
- "Metadata: MetaUseful & MetaCreepy" at bellingcat. Information and resources for extracting metadata from photographs.
- "SURVEY: MORE THAN 40 PERCENT OF BEE HIVES DIED IN PAST YEAR"--from the Associated Press.
- "The War on Cash, and Nearly Comic Book Levels of Absurdity" from the Silicon Graybeard. The progressives dream of having total control over your money and whether you buy or save.
- "Gunmen at Muhammad Cartoon Contest Were Killed by SWAT Team" from the Wall Street Journal. The original story of a lone police officer killing both ISIS members may have been too good to be true; and the attackers may have walked into an ambush.
- "HSBC WARNS: The world economy faces a 'titanic problem'" from the Business Insider. The appropriately named chief economist for HSBC, Stephen King, warns of a recession disaster waiting in the shadows.
- "Their Losing Religion = Our Losing Religious Freedom" at the American Conservative. The author warns that declines in the number of people identifying as religious will lead to less interest in protecting religious freedom.
- "The .357 Magnum for Survival: You Can’t Do Better" at All Outdoor. Yeah, that is my preferred handgun for when I'm planning on spending time in the great outdoors.
Thursday, May 14, 2015
A Quick Run Around the Web--May 14, 2015
Some articles on various topics:
I post a lot about the decline of our civilization, including topics about declining morality, the war on fathers and the traditional f...