Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Video: "STOP BUYING different Guns"--John Lovell

"STOP BUYING different Guns"--John Lovell (5 min.)

       Lovell wants you to consider whether you are a collector or a protector. If you are in the latter category, he urges the viewer to consider their defensive weapons as tools; and if you buy a good quality tool, you shouldn't need to upgrade it or replace it very often. Lovell tries to illustrate this point by comparing a couple different claw hammers, one used but still serviceable, and a newer model with a fancy ergonomic handle. They both work for their intended use.

       If Lovell is arguing against having a number of different firearms for similar purposes, his analogy, to a certain extent, fails. After all, how many hammers do you have? I don't even do a lot of home craftsman type work, and I have a couple of claw hammers (just regular sized ones, not the larger framing hammers), a couple of ball peen hammers, a small plastic hammer/mallet, a small hammer for my punch set, and a couple different sized mallets. My wife also has some specialized hammers. Oh, and I have sledge hammer. 

       But I have rarely had to replace a hammer. In fact, a couple of my hammers were my grandfather's and came into my possession after his death, and so have served at least a couple of generations. So, in that regard, I get his point. Focus on what you have that works, rather than needlessly wasting time and money on new weapons, new holsters, new magazines, etc., and learning the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paul Joseph Watson: The Truth About The Baltimore Bridge Collapse

In this video, Paul Joseph Watson points out why some of the conspiracy theories concerning the collapse of the Francis Scott Key bridge in ...