Saturday, January 9, 2016

Review of the STUL Slide Removal Tool

The Slide Removal Tool
I think that one of the easiest pistols to field strip is the Beretta P92 and the related line of pistols. In fact, to me, its easier to remove the slide on most any handgun than the Glock. Perhaps it is just a lack of general dexterity on my part, but trying to get a grip on the two opposing ends of the slide lock while pulling it down, and holding the slide back the requisite 1/8 inch, seems beyond my grasp (pun intended).

Fortunately, GTUL has come to the rescue with the STUL Slide Remove Tool. As the photo above shows, the device is a molded piece of plastic that slide up over the frame to engage each side of the slide lock. There are two small grooves that engage the slide stop. Simply squeeze with one hand, while holding the slide back 1/8 inch with the other, and then pull the STUL device downward. It is super simple and easy, and worth the $12 price. I give it two thumbs up.

I ordered it from Brownells, but I'm sure it available from other sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paul Joseph Watson: The Truth About The Baltimore Bridge Collapse

In this video, Paul Joseph Watson points out why some of the conspiracy theories concerning the collapse of the Francis Scott Key bridge in ...