Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Pop Quiz: Where Should You Sit?

Greg Ellifritz at Active Response Training notes an article that, using the chart copied above, asks where would be the best place to sit (from a tactical or self-defense point of view). The "correct answer" was tables A, B or C, but Ellifritz disagrees. He lists his criteria for picking a place to sit, and explains why table I might not be the best table, while setting out his own answers. His comments are worth the read. My thoughts, prior to reading Ellifritz's answers, were tables A, D, or I -- particularly the #1 seat -- because they give the best view of the entrance and the rest of the room, wouldn't have people walking behind, and give relatively good access to the emergency exit. By the way, my answers were not the same as Ellifritz's answers.

    On a related note, you might want to take a look at the following video from Active Self Protection showing an attempted armed robbery of a man sitting in a small cafe or coffee shop:

"Muggers Target Armed Man Who Just Withdrew Cash"--Active Self Protection (3 min.)

2 comments:

  1. I picked A1. I can see the point. Funny thing is, everyone I know who is responsible picks seats the same way. I had to (at first) convince The Mrs. (when we were dating) that I, as the guy, got that seat. I think she liked that. I was a bit surprised that she thought that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too concerned about restroom traffic, either, because most of the places I eat, there really isn't too much. Of course, being LDS, I don't drink coffee and, therefore, don't frequent coffee shops. Maybe that makes a difference.

      Delete

Bombs & Bants Episode 125 (Streamed 4/17/2024)

 More banter and high jinks for your listening pleasure.  VIDEO: " Episode 125 " (52 min.)