|"Where time stands still: Haunting beauty of abandoned mansions, shuttered asylums and deserted amusement parks across the world are caught on camera"--Daily Mail.|
- TGIF: This week's Weekend Knowledge Dump from Active Response Training. One of the articles to which Ellifritz links is "Paramedics Were Told Not to Enter Parkland School During Shooting." Ellifritz adds his own comments:
Why would anyone want to carry a gun around in public?
Why would anyone feel the need to go to a gunshot wound first aid class?
This article explains why. The cops aren’t coming to save you. Those same cops won’t allow the (willing to enter) medics to go inside to save you either.
“By the time the whole building was deemed safe for them to enter, there was no need — everyone had already been brought out by police or was dead.”
You simply can’t rely on emergency services to rescue you in a crisis. You are on your own. Prepare accordingly.
- As Shakespeare wrote: "A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once.": "Disgraced deputy haunted by failure at Florida school shooting"--New York Post. From the article:
“It’s haunting,” Scot Peterson said in a Washington Post report published Monday. “I’ve cut that day up a thousand ways with a million different what-if scenarios, but the bottom line is I was there to protect, and I lost 17.”
- Related: "Female police captain, who stopped deputies from storming Parkland high school during Nicholas Cruz's deadly rampage, will be removed from her position"--Daily Mail.
- Related: "REPORT: Deputy Peterson Accused Of 'Covering Up' Alleged Sexual Assault By Broward Sheriff's Son"--Daily Wire.
- And some more: "'All the signs were there.' On video, guard says school knew Parkland shooter posed threat"--Miami Herald. An excerpt:
An unarmed security monitor in a golf cart was the first person to see Nikolas Cruz step out of an Uber, a large bag in hand, and stride toward Building 12 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High just before the worst school shooting in state history.
Cruz, however, was no stranger to staff.
"Nikolas Cruz. I knew the kid," security guard Andrew Medina told Broward detectives in a sworn video-recorded statement released by prosecutors on Tuesday evening.
As soon as Cruz began walking "like on a mission" toward the building, Medina followed and began frantically texting fellow security guards. "We had a meeting about him last year and we said if there's gonna be anybody whose gonna come to this school and shoot this school up, it's going to be that kid," Medina told detectives on the day of the Feb. 14 shooting.
Some Firearm Drills:
- "Dryfire Drills"--Personal Defense Training. The author suggests an electronic shot timer with a par time function.
- "Shoot 2x2x2: Develop Close-Quarters Carbine Skills with this Drill"--Outdoor Life.
- "Tactical Vision Training Drill For Defensive Pistol, Carbine, and Precision Rifle"--Dry Fire Training Cards Blog. These are intended to train you to use a scope or other sights without closing one of your eyes.
- "Six Lifesaving Gun Drills"--Personal Defense World. Again, you will need a shot timer for these drills, as well as multiple targets.
- "Rake'M Drill of the Month (Carbine)"--Gunfighter. To download the instructions, click on the picture of the instructions, then right-click to save to file. This is another one that requires multiple targets.
- "Defensive Shooting Drills for the Range"--Pew Pew Tactical. You will want a shot timer, multiple targets and target stands, and some snap caps or similar for these.
- "Accuracy Profile: Ballistic Advantage 16 Inch SPR"--The New Rifleman. The author recounts how he performed the accuracy testing for this particular barrel. The process is interesting, even if you don't have any interest in getting a barrel. The author uses a 10-round group, eliminating any outliers. He explains:
For posterity sake, here is why I omit the distant outliers: suppose we measured the above group by the two furthest points. In doing so, the reported group size is 1.33 MOA. By only measuring the two furthest points, we are losing much of the statistically significant data. Even if the two outliers were the barrel or bullet’s fault (much higher likelihood that they are shooter error) we still see that 80% of the shots will land within .18 MOA of group center.
Since we have a high degree of precision and a group size of 7 or more shots (which represents statistical significance) then I am happy to say that the barrel wowed me the second session out with a .59 MOA / .18 MOA mean radius with 80% of my shots. 8 Rounds, .59 MOA. Fantastic.
- And the debate over appendix carry continues after a video emerges of someone whose firearm discharged apparently just from the act of him bending at the waist:
- You're going to shoot your junk off: "I Don’t Like Appendix Carry And Here’s Why"--The Truth About Guns.
- And the rebuttal: "In Defense of Appendix Carry"--The Truth About Guns. The author's a woman, so she doesn't have any junk to worry about. (You're supposed to laugh).
My two cents worth is this: if you want to use appendix carry (which has some definite advantages), but you are concerned about an accidental discharge, use a double-action revolver as your carry piece.
- "Preparing a Farm Animal First-Aid Kit"--Blue Moon Farmstead. I don't see tobacco mentioned, although it is a well known as an herbal remedy for digestive issues in ungulates, and can (in the form of snuff) even be used as a dewormer.
- "The Stanley Steel Canteen"--Dreaming of Sunsets Over Ochre Dunes. Steel canteens and water bottles can be very useful for camping or wilderness survival because they can be used to store water, boil water, or used for cooking. Wide mouth versions are preferred. The author of this article discovered that there is a wide-mouth canteen made for the Stanley brand (i.e., Stanley tools).
- "6 unarmed Transit Police in Salamanca Guanajuato slaughtered (Video and article)"--Borderland Beat. It is not completely clear from the article, but it appears that the officers were part of the guards for a meeting being conducted by the state's governor at a local military police headquarters. Five assailants in a vehicle drove up, got out, and shot the officers.
- The U.S. economy must be booming: "May Arrests of Illegal Border Crossers Up 160 Percent"--Breitbart.
- An inconvenient truth: "9 of 10 illegal immigrants arrested have criminal record"--Washington Examiner (H/t Anonymous Conservative).
- An interesting theory: "Carotid artery of the cabal. A Q crumb theory with supporting data (OC)"--Reddit (H/t Anonymous Conservative). The author links to sources establishing that the I-15 corridor is important for smuggling of drugs, sex trafficking, etc., and that it is along this same corridor that Obama sought to establish or expand national monuments. As the author describes:
Now to tie all my maps together and summarize. The highway bloodline of i-15 is critical to the movement of drugs, weapons and humans. All along i-15 Obama placed the Mojave Trail Monument. (to read more about this placement please refer to Mojave Trails National Monument. Read carefully the 'Protected in Perpetuity')
What they have done here is place national monument protected land all along the route between LA and LV. This means you probably need a permit from the Government to have a picnic let alone carry protection.
To say it another way by placing protected lands between the two sanctuary cities of LA and LV a 'gun free zone' now 'protects' the entire corridor.
He even is able to tie in the Bundy Ranch debacle, as it lay along this route and was a key piece in the trail.
- Heh. "'Solo' Will Lose $50M-Plus in First Defeat for Disney's 'Star Wars' Empire"--Hollywood Reporter. This loss is just related to film production and marketing costs. It doesn't include opportunity cost losses from the original multi-billion dollar purchase of Lucas Film. What's not mentioned in this article is that Solo opened at a much larger number of theaters than the other films in the franchise. Also, Disney moved the release dates for other films (including Avengers: Infinity Wars) in order to not compete against Solo. Although this quote from a Marvel executive pertains to comics, I think it probably reflects the reality of the Star Wars fan base: "‘What we heard was that people didn’t want any more diversity. They didn’t want female characters out there… anything that was not a core Marvel character, people were turning their nose against,’ Marvel’s VP of sales made the mistake of admitting last year."
- In case you are interested in more details about that Baltimore special police squad that was busted for corruption and criminal activity: "When cops become robbers: Inside one of America's most corrupt police squads"--BBC.
- A reminder to Christians: they really do hate you: "CrossFit fires high-level executive after he posted a series of tweets saying that he believes celebrating LGBT pride is a 'sin'"--Daily Mail. From the article:
Berger, of Huntsville, Alabama, posted the comments as he tried to defend the owner of an Indianapolis CrossFit gym who canceled a special workout in honor of Pride Month.
'As someone who personally believes celebrating 'pride' is a sin, I'd like to personally encourage #CrossFitInfiltrate for standing by their convictions and refusing to host an @indypride workout. The intolerance of the LGBTQ ideology toward any alternative views is mind-blowing,' Berger tweeted.
'The tactics of some in the LGBTQ movement toward dissent is an existential threat to freedom of expression. The lack of tolerance for disagreement, which has been replaced with bullying Twitter mobs promising 'consequences', should be a concern regardless of your political stance.'
Before he was fired, Berger also tweeted: 'Allow me to double-down. I believe @indypride is a celebration of sin, as do most Christians. I deleted this and reposted to a different version to make sure it's clear these are my personal beliefs, you know, since the Twitter mobs are hard at work trying to get me fired.'
Think of Berger, and others like him, as the canary in the coal mine. These people--the liberals, progressives, and their ilk--plan on ruining your livelihood, and would probably take away your liberty and life if they could. As it makes clear in Revelation 13:16-17:
And he [the Second Beast] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.