"shop robbery sawn off"--RJ D (32 sec.)
Another robbery video. Again, note how quickly the incident occurred. Interestingly, the robber seemed to know how to work the cash register (point-of-sale terminal) better than the cashier/clerk, and he was doing it while viewing the screen upside down.
- My Glock Gadget arrived back in December 2016. At that time, shipping of the product was to those people that had pre-ordered the item, and interest seemed limited to a relatively small group of people, but I see that is no longer true, with articles concerning the Gadget from Bearing Arms and American Rifleman. The Bearing Arms article is the most detailed, giving examples of instances where it would be useful during reholster, including one incident where an accidental discharge was only avoided because of the Gadget and the tactile warning it gave that the trigger was being depressed upon reholstering. The author also adds:
I’ve heard some express doubts about The Gadget, wondering if it would make it more likely for dirt and debris to be introduced to the rear of the gun and causing a malfunction. There were several Glocks in that very same muddy class, and I didn’t see any of them suffer malfunctions, no matter how muddy the guns were. The Gadget has been heavily tested by a number of firearms instructors and high-end shooting enthusiasts in all sorts of environments before it went on the market, and their reactions have universally been positive, at least among those I know who have tested it.
- "Skill Set: Covert Draw"--The Tactical Wire. The idea here is to be able to draw your weapon from concealment without alerting anyone else. This flows from the general advantage of concealed carry: to not automatically be the subject of attention if a violent crime is occurring near you (for instance, an armed robbery) and, hence, to have the option of whether to become involved, and, if so, to pick the time to draw your weapon and interject yourself into the situation.
- "Building a Precision Sniper Rifle on a Budget (Part 1)"--Loadout Room. This is the first in a series of articles discussing putting together a long range rifle and, as the title suggests, this part is directed toward those with more limited funds.
- Related: "Rifle stock or chassis?"--Rifle Shooter. Discussing the differences between a chassis and stock system. The basic difference is that the stock will be made of a synthetic material (e.g., fiberglass or carbon fiber) while a chassis will be of aluminum. Also, in most cases, the chassis will be significantly heavier than a stock (although there are a couple of lighter weight options out there). Finally, the rifle will need to be bedded to the stock (i.e., using a bedding compound), while the chassis does not.
- Related: "2016 Rifle Chassis Buyer's Guide"--Tactical Retailer. A review of some of the better known or more popular chassis out there.
- "CQB: Attitude Beats TTPs"--Weapons Man. Key part: "… if you can find a person that will take an AR and run into a small room of completely unknown contents, expected deadly threat, then you already have ~75% of what you need to create a successful CQB operator. All that remains, is to teach and train your operator the very few principles, and the very simple techniques, for room combat."
- "The 3 Best Concealed Carry Handguns – Foghorn’s Picks"--The Truth About Guns. His picks, from 1st place to 3rd place: (1) Glock 43; (2) Wilson Combat Bill Wilson Carry 1911; and (3) Ruger LCR in .357 Magnum. Of course, everyone has a different list, but I certainly would discourage anyone from carrying a snub .357 Magnum (unless you are only using .38 Special +P loads in it) because of the excessive recoil and flash for only a marginal improvement (if any) in performance.
- "Additions to Ruger Mark IV Line"--The Firearms Blog. A target/competition version and a .22/45 "Tactical".
- "7.62×39 mm Russian: Effect of barrel length on muzzle velocity"--Rifle Shooter. From 24-inch to 17-inch by one inch margins, and 16.5 inches thrown in at the end. Highest velocity was 2,454 fps at 23 inches. However, what I thought was interesting was how little the velocity changed between 22 inches (2404) and 16.5 inches (2301).
- Delusional: "GIMME SHELTER Sweden preparing nuclear fallout bunkers across the country amid fear of Russian war"--The Sun. Sweden has already been invaded, but they are focused on an imaginary threat from Russia.
- Speaking of the invasion of Europe: "Europe Headed For ‘Religion Wars’"--The Captain's Journal. Herschel Smith comments on Erdogan's recent proclamation of Jihad against Europe: "'Down with your European principles, values and justice.' It means war. We will not assimilate, you will change. That’s the message, else it means war."
This seems as good a time as any to remind you of Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech that he gave in 1968, as he looked ahead at the consequences of Europe's nascent importation of Muslims:
The other dangerous delusion from which those who are wilfully or otherwise blind to realities suffer, is summed up in the word "integration." To be integrated into a population means to become for all practical purposes indistinguishable from its other members.
Now, at all times, where there are marked physical differences, especially of colour, integration is difficult though, over a period, not impossible. There are among the Commonwealth immigrants who have come to live here in the last fifteen years or so, many thousands whose wish and purpose is to be integrated and whose every thought and endeavour is bent in that direction.
But to imagine that such a thing enters the heads of a great and growing majority of immigrants and their descendants is a ludicrous misconception, and a dangerous one.
We are on the verge here of a change. Hitherto it has been force of circumstance and of background which has rendered the very idea of integration inaccessible to the greater part of the immigrant population - that they never conceived or intended such a thing, and that their numbers and physical concentration meant the pressures towards integration which normally bear upon any small minority did not operate.
Now we are seeing the growth of positive forces acting against integration, of vested interests in the preservation and sharpening of racial and religious differences, with a view to the exercise of actual domination, first over fellow-immigrants and then over the rest of the population.
- Not all cultures are of equal worth: "A Night Out With the Dancing Boys"--Gates of Vienna. The author notes that "the custom [pederasty] is widespread — perhaps near universal — in the Middle East and Muslim areas of South Asia."
- "Muslims will be majority in India by 2050 and they will be majority in the world by 2070."--Hindu Existence.
- Heh. "Oil Drops as U.S. Drilling Growth Threatens to Counter OPEC Cuts"--Bloomberg. Didn't the village idiot once say "you know we can’t just drill our way to lower gas prices"?
- "'We will shoot down your missiles': Enraged Taiwan to build its own submarines to protect itself and US bases from China after Beijing pointed 1,500 rockets at the island"--Daily Mail. This, in itself, won't be enough. Taiwan must make any attack against it suicidal--that is, that a response from Taiwan would destroy so much of the Chinese homeland that China would never dare attack Taiwan.
- "The 300th Anniversary of the Great Colonial Snowcover of 1717"--Watts Up With That. From the article (quoting from Historic Storms of New England by Sidney Perley published in 1891):
In December, 1716, snow fell to the depth of five feet, rendering traveling very difficult, and almost impossible except on snow shoes. The temperature throughout the winter was moderate, but the amount of snow that fell that season has never been equaled in New England during the three centuries of her history.
Snow fell in considerable quantities several times during the month of January, and on February 6 it lay in drifts in some places twenty-five feet deep; and in the woods a yard or more on the level. Cotton Mather said that the people were overwhelmed with snow.
The great storm began on February 18, and continued piling its flakes upon the already covered earth until the twenty-second; being repeated on the twenty-fourth so violently that all communication between houses and farms ceased.
During the storm enough snow fell to bury the earth to the depth of from ten to fifteen feet on the level, and in some places for long distances it was twenty feet deep. The twenty-fourth was Sunday, and the storm was so fierce and the snow came in such quantities that no religious meetings were held throughout New England.
Indians, who were almost a hundred years old, said that they had never heard their fathers tell of any storm that equaled this.
- "Flashback – NSA Not Only Taps Americans, It Gives The Recordings And Transcripts To The Israelis"--Anonymous Conservative. AC notes that it is not just the fact that the NSA is providing its intelligence data to another country (Israel, in this case), but it is doing so without removing the information or recordings pertaining to American citizens.
- Related: "New Trump Wiretap News"--Anonymous Conservative. Some more on the developing history of government surveillance of Trump prior to the election.
- "Another hapless attack"--Vox Popoli. Vox Day rebuts another attack and mischaracterization of the Alt-Right--this one by Fred Reed. As I've noted before, Reed generally has interesting and intelligent things to say, but he has a glaring blindness when it comes to the topic of illegal immigration and Latinos.
- The loss of legitimacy and collapse of Empire: "The Empire Should be Placed on Suicide Watch"--The Unz Review. (H/t Vox Popoli). An excerpt:
... the Neocons’ refusal to accept the election of Donald Trump has resulted in a massive campaign to de-legitimize him. What the Neocons clearly fail to see, or don’t care about, is that by de-legitimizing Trump they are also de-legitimizing the entire political process which brought Trump to power and upon which the United States is built as a society. As a direct result of this campaign, not only are millions of Americans becoming disgusted with the political system they were indoctrinated to believe in, but internationally the notion of “American democracy” is becoming a sad joke.
And just to make things worse, the US corporate media is finally revealing its true face and has now unapologetically shown the entire world that not only is it not in any way “fair” or “objective”, but that it is a 100% prostituted propaganda machine which faithfully serves the interests of the US “deep state”.
The rest of the essay pertain to the disarray concerning our foreign policy and loss of military power: the author believes that the Hegemony is over.