Monday, December 15, 2014

"Hindsight is .30/06"--An Article at TFG

I've noted in the past that, notwithstanding its record in WWII, the M-1 Garand is not really a very good weapon for the modern survivalist. I discussed some of the problems with the M-1 in that earlier post, particularly with regard to being used as a SHTF rifle. However, The Firearms Blog has an article looking at the good and bad about the design, and trying to place design features or decisions into historical context. For those interested, it is an interesting article on the Garand and how it fits into the overall development of self-loading military rifles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Age of Underpopulation

I took my title from an article at Watts Up With That entitled " The Age of Underpopulation is Here " by Steve Goreham. I've w...