Saturday, March 9, 2013

ATI Calvary Shotgun

I'm not much of a shotgun guy. First, I've spent too much time shooting handguns and rifles so the whole "point, don't aim" is hard. I can hit clays thrown away from me, but those coming across in front of me are still a challenge. Second, I've never had too much interest in bird hunting. But I have friends and a son who enjoy the shotgun, so I'm trying to learn.

Part of the problem is that a nice double-barrel shotgun is so expensive. If I were to spend a couple thousand or more on a gun, I start thinking "AR," "P-90," or "FN2000" not "over and under." However, The Firearms Blog reports that there is a company coming to the rescue with the ATI Calvary Shotgun, an over/under with blued steel barrels (chrome lined) and replaceable chokes, a stainless steel engraved receiver, and Turkish walnut stocks. All in all a respectable looking gun, and an MSRP of $489.99. They will offer both 20 gauge and 12 gauge models. (More details and photos at the link).

(Source: The Firearms Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bystander Effect--Fact And Fiction

 Greg Ellifritz's most recent Weekend Knowledge Dump  included a link to an article on the bystander effect published at Aeon Magazine a...