Sunday, March 24, 2013

Counting Our Blessings....

A couple days ago, my wife and I attended the funeral of the husband of one of my co-workers. He had valiantly fought a battle with cancer, but it recently had moved to his liver and, mercifully, he did not linger. His wife and family were not LDS; I think they were Quaker. The minister and several family members spoke at the funeral, which was very moving and touching. However, there was something missing. Although they spoke at length about God's mercy, and returning to be with God, there was nothing about being again with family in heaven or the eternities. I wanted to tell her that she would see her husband again, but I couldn't--they hadn't been married or sealed in the temple for time and eternity.  Instead, I told her to be strong and told her that we would help her in any way we could. I pray that God comforts her and her family in their grief. And I thank the Lord for the ordinances that bind us together in eternal marriage, and the opportunity to seal our ancestors to us in an eternal family unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Age of Underpopulation

I took my title from an article at Watts Up With That entitled " The Age of Underpopulation is Here " by Steve Goreham. I've w...