When I discussed some of the more general sources of info and put together my E-Book Resource page, I generally listed some major repositories with the warning that you would need to explore those repositories to find the books and information that might interest you. But I thought I would periodically post more specific links to a collection, library, or specific titles that would be of interest to the prepper/survivalist.
- The New Encyclopedia of Knots: 250 Entries - Step-by-Step Illustrations - A Comprehensive Reference Guide (epub) by Derek E. Avery
- The Complete Guide to Knots and Knot Tying (PDF) by Geoffrey Budworth
- The Knot Bible: A Practical guide to the 200 most useful Nautical knots (PDF)
- Knots: More Than Fifty of the Most Useful Knots for Camping, Sailing, Fishing and Climbing (PDF) by Peter Owen
- Knots, Splices and Rope Work: An Illustrated Handbook (PFD) by A. Hyatt Verrill
- Handbook of Knots (PDF) by Des Pawson
- Knots: An Illustrated Practical Guide to the Essential Knot Types and Their Uses (PDF) by Adam Adamides
- Prepper's guide to knots : the 100 most useful tying techniques for surviving any disaster (epub) by Scott Finazzo
- The Field Guide to Knots: How to Identify, Tie, and Untie Over 80 Essential Knots for Outdoor Pursuits (epub) by Bob Holtzman
- The knotting & braiding bible : the complete guide to creative knotting including kumihimo, macrame and plaiting (epub) Dorothy Wood
- Decorative Fusion Knots A Step-By-Step Illustrated Guide to New and Unusual Ornamental Knots (PDF) by J.D. Lenzen
- The Complete Book of Decorative Knots (PDF) by Geoffrey Budworth
Please note that the site at which these books are collected only allows 5 downloads within a 24 hour period. Also, for the books using epub format, you might find the following programs useful to view them on your computer or to convert to a different format: First is Calibre, which is a free-to-download e-book management program. What makes it useful is that it can read many different formats of e-books and can convert between different formats (e.g. from epub to MOBI) as long as there is no encryption, and allows you to organize files into useful libraries. Second, and more basic, is SumatraPDF which also allows you to view all sorts of e-book formats but without the ability to convert a file from one format to another.
Disclaimer: I'm not the author of any of the documents, applications or things linked above and cannot vouch for their accuracy or completeness--use them at your own risk. I am not responsible for the posting or offering of any of the documents or things in the collections and/or libraries and have no control over whether they are posted or taken down.