Wednesday, October 7, 2020

E-Book Resource: Unarmed Combat and Stick Fighting

So when I discussed some of the more general sources of info recently, I generally listed some major repositories with the warning that you would need to explore those repositories to find the books and information that might interest you. But I thought I would periodically post more specific links to a collection, library, or specific titles that would be of interest to the prepper/survivalist.

     Following are a selection of books on unarmed, empty-handed fighting styles and techniques that I found available free to download, as well as a few that deal with stick fighting. I have focused on books about styles or techniques that I believe would be effective for someone in a street fight or for self-defense. Accordingly, I ignored anything with "ninja" in its title, books concerned with pressure point fighting (which, in my limited experience, is generally worse than useless in an actual fight), as well as most books in the popular martial art sports of Japan, China or Korea such as Karate, Kung-Fu and Tae-Kwon-Do (unless incorporated into a serious book on self-defense) as practitioners of those arts have generally not fared well in MMA fights.

MMA Books:
Military Training:
Street Fighting/Self-Defense/Martial Arts:
Stick Fighting:
Miscellaneous:
DisclaimerI'm not the author of any of the documents or things linked above and cannot vouch for their accuracy or completeness--use them at your own risk. I am not responsible for the posting or offering of any of the documents or things in the collections and/or libraries and have no control over whether they are posted or taken down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STD's Are Woke?

  An article at the Daily Mail reports on the STD hotspots in the United States , noting: Philadelphia has the highest rate inasmuch as &quo...