- First up, Active Response Training's "Weekend Knowledge Dump." As always, lots of links to good information on firearms and self-defense.
- "Muslim prayer hall is ransacked by Koran-burning demonstrators chanting 'Arabs get out' on the French island of Corsica"--Daily Mail.
Up to 600 French protesters desecrated a Muslim prayer hall in Corsica in a revenge attack prompted by the wounding of two firefighters and a police officer.
The furious mob smashed the prayer hall's glass door, ransacked the interior and left around 50 partially-burned Korans littering the street overnight.
Chanting 'Arabs get out!' and 'This is our home', protesters marched through the streets of the French Mediterranean island's capital, Ajaccio.
* * *
The violence began on the night of December 24, when two firefighters were 'ambushed' by 'several hooded youths' in the low-income neighbourhood of Jardins de L'Empereur.
It escalated when several hundred people gathered in front of police headquarters in the capital city, before marching through the streets to the housing estate where the attack on the firefighters took place.
They then launched the violent assault on the local prayer room.
Interior Minister Bernard Cazaneuve insisted the perpetrators of both incidents would be tracked down and arrested, adding that there was no place for 'racism and xenophobia' in France.
Islam is not a race; and being upset at the coddling of violent gangs comprised of young Muslim men is not an irrational fear. The authorities should instead be looking at why hundreds of Corsicans felt it necessary to take the law into their own hands.
- "On the rampage in Calais: Shocking footage shows hundreds of migrants stealing from lorries and threatening motorists as many more attempt to storm the Eurotunnel on Christmas Day"--Daily Mail.
- "China Proposes A Fix For Its Crashing Housing Market: "Transplant" 100 Million Farmers Into Its Cities"--Zero Hedge. Basically, the Chinese government's plan is to legally recognize the change in residence of millions of "farmers" that have moved to coastal cities to find work, thus allowing them to buy property. All in an attempt to stave off a complete collapse of the real estate market.
- "Zimbabwe to expand use of yuan as China cancels $40 million debt"--Times Live. Adding to a rather full basket of currencies currently acceptable for use inside Zimbabwe.
- "Confessions Of An ISIS Soldier: 'The Training Took Place In Turkey'"--Zero Hedge. The revelations of Turkey's duplicity continue to leak out. First was the fact that Turkey is acting as a conduit for the sale of oil from ISIS territory, and that ISIS recruits had been travelling through Turkey. This article mentions that ISIS even has set up an office in Turkey to facilitate the sale of slaves to other Middle-Eastern countries. But the focus of this article is that ISIS recruits are even receiving training in Turkey.
- "Homeland Security plans raids to deport illegal immigrant families"--Washington Times. I've seen a fair amount of speculation as to why the Obama administration would do such a thing (although, technically, there has not been final approval given to the plan). However, Slate has the answer:
The potential move puts an even greater spotlight on immigration in the 2016 campaign that has already been infused with anti-immigrant rhetoric, originating largely from Donald Trump.
In other words, the point of such an exercise (whether or not it actually goes forward) is to get out the vote for Hillary by emphasizing what could happen under a Republican presidency.