The radicalized San Bernardino gunman clashed with a Jewish co-worker over religion just two weeks before he and his Pakistani wife stormed an office holiday party where they massacred 14 people.Update (12/3/2015): Obviously, it is now pretty clear that the shooters--a married couple--were Muslim, that the act was premeditated (e.g., the manufacture of explosives), and that they were heavily influenced by Jihadist websites and terror organizations. Various stories:
Syed Farook, 28, got into a heated argument with colleague Nicholas Thalasinos, a Messianic Jew who was identified today as one of the victims of Wednesday’s rampage.
- "CNN BREAKING: Farook was in touch with more than one international terrorism subjects."
- "Terror trail? Feds probe digital profile of SoCal massacre suspects"--Fox News.
- "First suspect identified as Syed Farook, 'very religious' Muslim"--Washington Examiner.
- "San Bernardino attackers’ arsenal: 5,000 rounds of ammunition, 15 pipe bombs"--Washington Times.
- "CBS: San Bernardino Shooters Were Looking At ISIS Propaganda Online"--Weasel Zippers.
- "Muslim San Bernardino gunman was 'radicalized by known terrorists' before he and Pakistani-born wife collected masses of ammunition, built more a than dozen pipe bombs and left their baby behind to slaughter 14 people at a holiday party"--Daily Mail.
- "Syed Farook Traveled to Saudi Arabia, Married Tashfeen Malik, Grew Out Beard"--Real Clear Politics.
Update: "After shootout, 1 mass-shooting suspect down, another gravely wounded, third on the run"--KFDA.
Update: Looks like car chase over. SUV stopped on highway; armored cars pulling up to front and back of the vehicle.
Earlier post (12/2/2105):
Several reports that at least 14 people, 14 injured at the Inland Regional Center (a government office that apparently offers assistance to people with disabilities, although it may also be involved with family services) in San Bernardino, California. Reports indicate that there were 3 shooters, all heavily armed, wearing bullet proof vests and ski masks. Some of the reports also indicate that there was a bomb left in the building.
The attackers fled the scene in a dark SUV, and then switched to another vehicle. One of the suspects has been tentatively identified, a man named Farooq Saeed; and its possible that the other shooters were Middle-Eastern.
Of course, the Democrats are already politicizing the shooting, blaming the NRA and/or calling for stricter gun control, even though California already bans the type of weapons supposedly used in the shooting.
On a possibly related note, Weasel Zippers indicates that Kirkland AFB in New Mexico is in lock down because of reports of an active shooter. Update: Lock down lifted.
- "At Least 20 Victims, Multiple Suspects in Mass Shooting at San Bernardino Social Services Center"--PJ Media.
- "Multiple people dead in mass shooting in San Bernardino, California"--WATE.com.
- "DEVELOPING: 12 Dead In San Bernadino California Mass Shooting UPDATE: Suspects Wearing Body Armor And Ski Masks UPDATE: Atacked Facility That Treats People With Disabilities…UPDATE: Explosive Device Found UPDATE: Authorities Searching For 3 Male Suspects…UPDATE: Scanner Report: Suspect Named Farooq Saeed UPDATE: Hostage Situation In Progress… UPDATE Nearby Mall Being Evacuated…"--Weasel Zippers.
- "14 Dead, 14 More Wounded In San Bernardino; As Many As 3 Gunmen Believed To Have Fled Scene"--CBS Los Angeles.
- "Reports: 14 dead in San Bernardino shooting"--San Diego Union Tribune.
- "Police: At least 14 people killed, 14 others injured in mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif."--Washington Post.
- "Rumors that San Bernadino Shooting Is an ISIS Terrorist Attack Have Already Started"--Epoch Times.