Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Is the Sun Setting on the .40 S&W?--Redux

Awhile back, I posted about a weakening demand for the .40 S&W among police. Today, I came across this article about the Wichita police switching back to the 9 mm from the .40, and the positive results they have discovered. (h/t SurvivalBlog). As I noted in my earlier posting, I've never particularly like the .40 S&W, although I know some people that swear by it. I really doubt that it would have achieved its popularity if it had not been for the 10-round magazine limits imposed by the Brady Bill. However, if you do like the .40 S&W, the last couple of years have been a great time to grab police trade-ins at reasonable prices from places like CDNN. (Note: I do not get any compensation from CDNN).

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Few Videos On Defending Against A Hair Grab

Some different perspectives on this issue. The first video appears to be directed toward a male audience, while the other two are obviously ...