The New York Post reports that Dolly Parton has died. An excerpt:
Additionally, Parton starred in ... the all-female ensemble for 1989’s “Steel Magnolias,” featuring Sally Field, Shirley MacLaine, Daryl Hannah, Olympia Dukakis and Julia Roberts.
Roberts opened up about the impact Parton had on her while working on the “Steel Magnolias” set, which was filmed in 100-degree weather in Louisiana.
“Everybody had ice on their wrists doing the whole thing,” the “Pretty Woman” star shared during a 1989 interview on “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
“Everybody was like, it’s hot, could I get some water? And Dolly never said anything,” she explained. “And I finally, I just had to say, ‘Dolly, you’ve got a wig, and the wool, I mean, c’mon. It’s hot, sweat a little. Just say, I’m hot, you know? This is a drag.’”
Reflecting on what Parton said next, Roberts shared, “I remember we were sitting on the porch, and she said to me, ‘When I was a little girl, I wanted to be famous, and I wanted to be rich, and now I’m both of these things, I’m not going to complain about it.’”
“And I thought, ‘Okay, I’m going to be quiet for the rest of the day.’ I’ve never forgotten it,” the actress continued. “And every time I go to complain, or just kind of moan, I always hear Dolly sitting on the porch and saying that, and it kinda keeps you quiet.”
Dolly was class through and through.
ReplyDelete