|"AR-15 Kaboom — 'The Worst … I Have Ever Seen,' "--Accurate Shooter. The primary theory is that the owner of the firearm had used too much powder, or the wrong kind of powder, in crafting his handloads.|
- So there have been a lot of articles concerning the recent release of an ATF whitepaper suggesting loosening or rolling back numerous regulations, all of the way from the infamous 922r and "sporting purpose" regulations, to allowing importation of U.S. C&R eligible rifles (i.e., the Garands and M-1 carbines that South Korea had wanted to return), to effectively removing most sound suppressors from the category of "silencers." (See here, here, here, and here). Theories as to the possible change of heart is that the ATF can see which way the political wind is blowing, and simply want to keep their jobs and agency intact. But there is also the suggestion that if the ATF implements changes via administrative rules or guidances, it will be much easier to re-implement the restrictions at a later date under a different administration.
- "Top 3 Ways to Improve Your Defensive Shooting at Home"--The Truth About Guns. A guest post by Ron Grobman. The three points are: (1) practice your trigger press (i.e., dry fire); (2) practice drawing your gun while yelling commands (both with and without dry firing the weapon--the goal is to increase performance and work out bugs, and to teach you that not every drawing of the weapon has to result in firing the weapon); and (3) visualize various scenarios and how you will prevail in each.
- "'Castle' Defense Revisited"--Modern Service Weapons. The author goes once more into the breach to discuss how to react to an intruder in your home that is aware that you are there, but, nevertheless, does not leave. He points out that in most jurisdictions, you are not required to retreat when inside your home, and there are many factors that favor using your firearm. Read the whole thing, however.
- "Alleged killer of Queens jogger 'may have attacked her because he hated the white neighborhood she came from'"--Daily Mail. But ... but ... the attacker could have been Obama's son!
- Yes. "Has China Been Practicing Preemptive Missile Strikes Against U.S. Bases?"--War On The Rocks. From the article:
Chase also stated that, “In all, Chinese military writings on conventional missile campaigns stress the importance of surprise and suggest a preference for preemptive strikes.” And while most Sinologists discount the idea of a true bolt-from-the-blue attack in a crisis without first giving an adversary a chance to back down, preemptive missile strikes to initiate active hostilities could be consistent with China’s claimed overall military strategy of “active defense.” As a 2007 RAND study of China’s anti-access strategies explained, “This paradox is explained by defining the enemy’s first strike as ‘any military activities conducted by the enemy aimed at breaking up China territorially and violating its sovereignty’…and thereby rendered the equivalent of a ‘strategic first shot.’” China analyst Dean Cheng stated similarly in 2015, “From Mao to now, the concept of the active defense has emphasized assuming the strategic defensive, while securing the operational and tactical initiative, including preemptive actions at those levels if necessary.” Thus, China could consider a preemptive missile strike as a defensive “counter-attack” to a threat against China’s sovereignty (e.g., over Taiwan or the South China Sea) solely in the political or strategic realm.
- "Secaucus transgender boy returns to Scouting"--North Jersey.com. Oh, how sweet. A little
girlpretend-boy has been allowed to join a cub-scout troop. What could go wrong by mixing the genders?
- Related: "Transgender murderer moved from women’s prison ‘after having sex with female inmates’"--Metro. Progressives, notwithstanding their pretenses to intellectual superiority, are dumber than a rock.
- "Setting the record straight on Duluth"--Dalrock. As you may remember from my recent post on domestic violence by women, the Duluth model is a domestic intervention program based on feminist (i.e., cultural-Marxist) gender theory that men are the oppressors. Dalrock, today, has a post that explores the feminist theory orientation of the Duluth model, including the conclusion that “according to the Duluth Model, all [men] must be treated as patriarchal terrorists regardless of differences in how the violence developed.”
- "Islamic State recruiting child refugees as they head to Europe"--The Telegraph. And remember, when interpreting the term "child" in reference to Muslim refugees, it means anywhere between 18 and 35. Lacking the resources to pay the smugglers, and having no education of any worth in the real word, the "children" are easy pray to ISIS, which will pay their way and offer assistance once they are in Europe.
- Camel's nose in the tent moment: "Anger simmers in Greek migrant camp over living conditions"--Yahoo News. They want the sweet benefits and cushy apartments promised them by "Mother" Merkel.
- "The Left Hates You. Act Accordingly."--Kurt Schlichter at Townhall. He notes: "Leftists don’t merely disagree with you. They don’t merely feel you are misguided. They don’t think you are merely wrong. They hate you. They want you enslaved and obedient, if not dead." Leftists think Trump is literally Hitler, and that your are literally Nazis--and that is all the moral justification they need to bully, attack, or even kill you.
- Related: "Is The Left Fascist, Or The Right?"--Anonymous Conservative. He writes:
... The minority of leftists lives freely and practices their ideology in peace, while cheering the idea of violence visited on their opposition. And all the while they castigate their opposition as the fascists.
The moderate left is like the moderate Muslim. They tacitly support the violence of their radicals, and if one day their radicals take over, they will gladly get down on bended knee and sacrifice any moral or principle merely to save their own lives.