- "THE BLACK AXE: Italy faces chilling new organised crime group MORE RUTHLESS than the mafia"--Express. The article mentions incidents of torture, rape and murder; and that one initiation ceremony requires the initiate to drink human blood. And where could this heinous group have originated? From the article:
The Black Axe - a Nigerian criminal network that rules by fear - is involved in drug dealing, prostitution and the fraudulent transfer of money between Europe and Nigeria.
And the ruthless organisation is now working alongside the Sicilian mafia - the notorious and powerful Cosa Nostra - after striking a deal with underworld bosses in the island’s capital Palermo and buying the rights to operate in designated areas.
* * *The officials compared the crime network to a full-fledged state with leaders, defence ministers, soldiers and even a national holiday. They said it is based on a pyramidal structure of obedience and terror.
- "Monkey attack sets off deadly tribal clashes in Libya"--Aljazeera (h/t Anonymous Conservative). Yeah, it gets worse:
According to residents and local reports, the latest bout of violence erupted after a monkey that belonged to a shopkeeper from the Gaddadfa tribe attacked a group of schoolgirls passing by.
The monkey pulled off a girl's headscarf and reportedly bit and scratched her, leading men from the Awlad Suleiman tribe to retaliate by killing three Gaddadfa people - as well as the monkey.
"There was an escalation on the second and third days with the use of tanks, mortars, and other heavy weapons," a resident told Reuters on condition of anonymity because of the denigrating security situation.
"There are still sporadic clashes and life is completely shut down in the areas where there has been fighting."
- Dreamers in the rough: "Weekend in Guerrero: 20 people murdered--There was also a mass kidnapping of a dozen people in the Tierra Caliente region"--Mexico News Daily.
Twenty people died during weekend violence in Guerrero, including 10 in Acapulco, two of whom were Navy personnel.
All the victims were assassinated; many of the bodies had been dismembered.
Worst of the violence was in Tixtla, where eight dismembered bodies were discovered in plastic bags on the side of the Atliaca highway. The victims had been tortured.
Another three bodies found in Teloloapan have been identified as three metal workers who disappeared November 4. They are presumed to have been kidnapped and killed by members of the Familia Michoacana gang.
Their bodies were also dismembered and left in plastic bags.
- "Paris terror attack FOILED – Seven arrested in swoop on cell 'awaiting weapons delivery'"--Express.
Mr Cazeneuve, said: “Two of the men were arrested in the southern city of Marseille and four more were arrested in the eastern city of Strasbourg.
“The suspects are of French, Afghan, and Moroccan origin and are between 29 and 37 years of age.
The article goes on to point out that "[i]n this year alone 418 people had been arrested for suspected links to terror networks."
- More casualties in the Sunni-Shia war: "Afghanistan Kabul mosque suicide attack kills dozens"--BBC News. The article indicates that at least 27 people were killed by a suicide bomber who attacked a Shia Muslim mosque in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- "Driver drags woman by neck in German town of Hamelin"--BBC News. The woman was dragged by a rope tied around her neck. Deep in the article, it mentions that "[b]oth the victim and the suspect are German citizens of Kurdish origin."
- "In biblical lands of Iraq, Christianity in peril after ISIS"--CNN. An article about the ongoing genocide of Christians in the Middle-East.
- And its not just the Christians being killed: "French priest helps expose IS group’s Yazidi genocide"--France 24. The article notes that the Yazidis, whose religion borrows from several Middle-Eastern creeds, only number about 400,000. They are being systematically exterminated by ISIS.