Video: "AR Versus AK Accuracy with Steel Cased Ammo"--The Firearms Blog. James with TFB shoots a Russian Saiga SGL-21 and an FN M4 in .223/5.56mm from a lead sled mount, using Wolf steel-cased ammo out of both, and comes up with might be a surprising result to some: the AR was only barely more accurate than the AK.
- "Seven Things Every AR-15 Owner Needs to Know How to Do"--The Truth About Guns. The author not only provides a list, but also instructions for each task. They are: (1) the proper low ready position; (2) the combat reload; (3) how to perform a basic field strip; (4) how to test and replace gas rings; (5) how to fix a type three malfunction (the double-feed)*; (6) mechanically zeroing the gun (i.e., zero in the iron sights); and (7) determine the mechanical offset (i.e., distance between midpoint of the bore and the center of your sight picture), necessary for accurate shooting at close distances.
* Note: the linked article ("Clearing an AR-15 Stoppage") discusses how to clear various malfunctions in an AR.
- "Triggernometry--The Rest Of The Story"--Gabe Saurez. This is a continuation of an earlier article. This article discusses the various phases of trigger take up, break, and release and how to improve your trigger and trigger control. He discusses take-up (or pre-travel), "the wall," trigger creep, trigger break, over travel, and trigger reset.
- "RELEASED: DDI U.S. AK47s @ Atlantic Firearms"--The Firearms Blog. Sounds like the DDI U.S. made AKs are finally available for sale. Looks like a pretty good rifle.
- "Handgun Stopping Power"--Shooting Illustrated. This short article from 2010 discusses some of the testing regimes or protocols employed by different government agencies to determine the effectiveness of handgun rounds, some problems with each, and what each determined to be the most effective (and they are different).
- "How Will The Election Result Influence The Gun Industry?"--The Firearms Blog. The first impact, as would be expected, is that the stock prices of Smith & Wesson and Ruger have slumped somewhat as fears (or hopes) of panic buying decline. The author expects the "Common Sense Hearing Protection Act" (making it less onerous to purchase a sound suppressor) to pass. If it does, it will produce a boost in sales of firearms, barrels, and so on as everyone tries to get weapons that can use the devices. The author doesn't see much happen as to the manufacture or transfer of automatic weapons, but is hopeful that some legislation may be passed to ease up on short-barreled rifles and any-other-weapon categories. The author believes that it is possible that Trump may reach a deal with Russia that will ease sanctions (including allowing importation of firearms and ammunition), but is doubtful that Trump will lift importation restrictions applying to China.
My own hopes are that a new Administration will also open the possibility to repatriating the rifles and carbines loaned to South Korea (i.e., M1 Garands and Carbines), and that the holdup on transferring old 1911s to the CMP will be resolved.
- Trump extended an olive branch and the leftists have rejected it:
- "Anti-Trump protests turn violent: Cops clash with 6,000-strong crowd in Oakland and activists block roads in LA amid nationwide demonstrations that saw Madonna and Cher join 7,000 in NYC"--Daily Mail.
- "Now it's DEMOCRATS who won't accept the election result! Plot to impeach President Trump has already begun"--Daily Mail.
- "People in California are calling for a 'Calexit' from the US in the wake of Trump's win"--Business Insider. (I actually would support this, provided we could build a wall around California).
- "Over 1,500 furious Berkeley high school students stage walk-out over Trump's victory chanting 'not our president'"--Daily Mail.
- "'White people ruined America': Samantha Bee takes aim at Caucasian voters after Donald Trump's win over Hillary Clinton"--Daily Mail. Of course we did--that's why every year millions of people flee the U.S. and move to the more prosperous countries in the Middle-East, Africa and Central America.
- Soros being Soros: "America on Edge: MoveOn Organizes Anti-Trump Protests Around Country"--Breitbart.
- "Shock Video: Black Mob Viciously Beats White Trump Voter"--Info Wars.
The clip shows the thugs repeatedly screaming, “you voted Donald Trump” as they assault the victim from every angle while others steal his belongings.
“You voted Trump,” the mob screams, “You gonna pay for that sh*t.”
Another woman shouts “beat his ass,” while another man is heard laughing before remarking, “Don’t vote Trump.”
- "Now Trump Must Choose Between The Path Of Bush, Or The Path of Reagan"--Anonymous Conservative. The author advises Trump against emboldening the left by taking a conciliatory stance or moderating his message. I agree: the left is the problem, not part of the solution.