|Source: "World's first pyramid... in KAZAKHSTAN: Scientists discover tomb structure was built 1,000 years BEFORE those in Egypt"--Daily Mail. Most of what we believe we know about pre-history is wrong, or, perhaps more accurately, very incomplete. Archaeological knowledge is grossly malformed because archaeologists have traditionally spent most of their efforts in desert climates where artifacts are better preserved and easier to find. Thus, there is too much weight given to Middle- and Near-Eastern cultures.|
- A new Woodpile Report.
- "Breaking: Photo Of The New FBI Glock 17M Leaked"--The Firearms Blog. The Glock 17M is the new model being adopted by the FBI and certain other law enforcement agencies. While it appears on the surface to be a modified Gen 4, there are significant differences: the absence of finger grooves on the grip, a flared magazine well, and ambidextrous slide release. The story indicates some changes to improve the trigger, as well. Is this the Gen 5?
- "History of the Gurkha's Famous Kukri Blade"--Stormbringer. Some nice photos as well.
- Some AK goodness:
- "AK Mods That Have Worked For Me"--Mason Dixon Tactical. They include Tech Sight's replacement iron sight, a side-mount rail system (AKR 1913 Pic. Rail and the AK-301M Front Biased Base) from RS Products for mounting a scope, and Magpul adjustable stock and front grip (allowing the use of rails and accessories). Although he apparently left the original pistol grip on it, I would highly recommend the Magpul grip as well if you are shooting with light gloves or no gloves at all.
- "How To Zero The Kalashnikov AK-47"--Savannah Arsenal.
IntermediateFull Power Calibers 015: The 7.62x51mm NATO"--The Firearms Blog.
- Diversity and vibrancy:
- "Calais Locals Warned to Stay Away from Main Roads As Migrants Smash Vehicles"--Breitbart. "Migrants wielding bats and knives have been smashing up vehicles on roads near Calais as their owners sit in traffic, reportedly 'just for fun'."
- "Tensions remain high in Corsica after burkini beach riot"--France 24. "Witnesses said the fight started after the families objected to tourists taking pictures of women bathing in burkinis, the full-body, head-covering Islamic swimsuits. Some of those involved [i.e., the so-called "migrants"] in the brawl were reportedly armed with hatchets and harpoons."
- "ISIS Orders Its Franchises to Kill Christians"--Daily Beast. "The so-called Islamic State has different strategies in different parts of the world, but in Africa and in Europe, certainly, its core objective is becoming clear: to kill Christians. Its long-term goal: to provoke a new Crusade, reviving the holy wars of many hundreds of years ago in the belief that this time around Islam will win."
- "Six arrests in Milwaukee after police cordon off city park and impose strict curfew in a bid to stop repeat of violent protests"--Daily Mail.
- "When political correctness destroys communities and kills people"--Bayou Renaissance Man. A discussion of how the spread of crime to suburbs is a direct result of federal housing policy that has pushed Section 8 housing into the suburbs. Mr. Grant also discusses the current riot situation in Milwaukee, and the general problems with progressive's ideas to remake the world: "However, utopian progressives don't want to hear that. They're doing something! That's all that's important! Whether it's actually working is neither here nor there - it's the doing that matters!" I've noted before that to progressives, the consequences of their policies don't matter so long as they feel good about themselves.
- "American Murder Mystery"--The Atlantic. This is the 2008 article that Grant references that discusses the connection between the movement of violent crime to the suburbs and the relocation of Section 8 housing to the suburbs.
- Secret combinations: "Leaked Soros Memo: Refugee Crisis ‘New Normal,’ Gives ‘New Opportunities’ For Global Influence"--The Daily Caller. "A leaked memo from left-wing financier George Soros’s Open Society Foundations argues that Europe’s refugee crisis should be accepted as a 'new normal,' and that the refugee crisis means 'new opportunities' for Soros’ organization to influence immigration policies on a global scale."
- "Water Storage Philosophies"--Savannah Arsenal. Some ideas and tips on water storage.
- A couple from Security and Self-Reliance:
- "Preserve Your Harvest with Roasted Squash and Green Onion Soup." A recipe for a tasty-sounding soup that you can store in your freezer.
- "Installing a Scanner Radio Base Station in a Basement or Shelter." Being in the basement, the antenna is important.
- "Deadly Yellow Fever virus on brink of spreading to Europe and Americas, charity warns"--The Independent. An outbreak in central Africa, but which has also infected workers returning to China from Africa. According to the article, "Yellow fever can cause bleeding from the ears, eyes and nose, organ failure, jaundice and death in the most severe cases...."
- "‘Shadow Brokers’ Claim to be Selling NSA Malware, in What Could Be Historic Hack"--Foreign Policy. "A mysterious online group calling itself 'The Shadow Brokers' is claiming to have penetrated the National Security Agency, stolen some of its malware, and is auctioning off the files to the highest bidder."
- "Russian bombers drop deadly payload on to Syrian militants after flying out from IRANIAN air base as Moscow and Tehran form closer ties"--Daily Mail. "The Kremlin has deployed Tupolev-22 bombers to an air base in the Iranian city of Hamadan after Moscow and Tehran signed a military agreement for closer ties. And today the Russian defence ministry confirmed that its aircraft had flew [sic] out of the Iranian base to launch strikes against jihadist groups in war-torn Syria."
- Related: "The Return of the Titans"--Right On. A warning:
Each one of these conflicts piled one on top of the others (not to mention the return of those movements in Islam bent on conquest in accordance with the doctrines of their ancestors, this simplistic, violent and primitive civilisation, absolutely incompatible with the other great civilisations) will create in the Twenty-first century a general conflagration of the Earth in what will be globalised war, and no longer a world war.
The kinds of war we can expect will be total and global, in Europe and everywhere else. They will mix and add on to the classic convulsions between nation-states (India-Pakistan, China-USA, etc.), probably including nuclear strikes, religious wars, civil war and two forms of terrorism, micro-terrorism and macro-terrorism.
In a Europe open to the four winds, the increasingly large presence of immigrants from Muslim countries allows us to predict the impossibility of escaping major terrorist attacks in Europe that will be added into the insurrectional climate. The coming economic crisis — provoked by the ageing of the population — will only amplify the gravity of the situation.
- A reminder that we live in the 21st Century: "Infiniti’s variable compression engine is a huge technological leap"--Ars Technica.