|Anders Andersen-Lundby, View of a street on the outskirts of Munich, winter.|
The World We Live In:
- Black Lives Matter...but money matters more. The demands of the George Soros funded Black Youth Project (underline added):
- We demand all local, state and federal budgets to defund the police and invest those dollars and resources in Black futures.
- We want reparations for chattel slavery, Jim Crow and mass incarceration.
- We want to end all profit from so-called “criminal justice” punishment – both public and private.
- We want a guaranteed income for all, living wages, a federal jobs program, and freedom from discrimination for all workers.
- We want the labor of Black transgender and cisgender women (unseen and seen, unpaid and paid) to be valued and supported, not criminalized and marginalized.
- We want investments in Black communities that promote economic sustainability and eliminate the displacement of our people.
- Meanwhile, back in the real world, where black lives don't matter to black gangs: "'My baby': Mother's heartache after court hears how 'three gangsters lured her nine-year-old son from a PLAYGROUND to execute him in gang revenge attack'"--Daily Mail. Just another victim of the Chicago political machine and black gang culture.
- A lot of media attention is currently being lavished on the Colorado Springs shooting at a Planned Parenthood facility. The shooter has been identified as 57-year-old Robert Lewis Dear of North Carolina, who is described as a loner that spent time living in a cabin with no electricity or running water. The dominant theme, so far, is that the shooter was a right-wing anti-abortion protester. However, this guy sounds more like the Unibomber than anything else. There are some hints that the other shoe is about to drop: Instapundit reports that the shooter’s only online documentation suggests he identifies as a female.
- Update: This AFP report, describing Obama's reaction to the shooting, notes: "The gunman had entered the Planned Parenthood clinic around noon Friday and started shooting from a window. Police surrounded the building, and after an exchange of gunfire and a standoff lasting more than five hours the gunman surrendered." In other words, he wasn't attacking the facility.
- "The Mysterious Secrets Of New York City’s Underworld (Videos)"--Before It's News. From the description: "The constant buzz of the city above is nothing compared to the powerful lure of the past and the fascinating secrets hidden just beneath one’s feet! We will explore hundreds of feet beneath the pavement to reveal masked worlds that literally make up the foundations of today’s greatest cities."
- "‘The sweetest meat I ever tasted': How a Wild West fortune hunter turned to cannibalism to survive... then developed a taste for human flesh"--Daily Mail. The story of Alfred Packer.
- "DIY: Reinforcing an Entry Door"--Advanced Survival Guide. Kick-proofing a door by reinforcing the back side of the jamb with an aluminum plate.
- And while you are reading the ASG article above, check out the following: "Special Holiday Knife Sale for ASG Blog Readers." "Baugo Blades is running a limited Holiday Sale specifically for Advanced Survival Guide readers! 25 specially-priced Forager’s Camp Knives with MOLLE sheaths will be available exclusively through this blog [i.e., Advanced Survival Guide] for only $40.00 each plus shipping. This deal can only be found here and will last until December 20,2015 or until the 25 knives are sold, whichever comes first."
- "Making Your Own Probiotic Kombucha At Home"--The Homestead Survival. "Kombucha is a fermented, lightly effervescent sweetened black or green tea drinks that has a “symbiotic ‘colony’ of bacteria and yeast” (SCOBY). Contributing microbial populations in SCOBY cultures vary, but the yeast component generally includes Saccharomyces (a probiotic fungus) and other species, and the bacterial component almost always includes Gluconacetobacter xylinus to oxidize yeast-produced alcohols to acetic and other acids."
- "Chicken Jerky Recipe: Use It To Make Turkey Jerky Too!"--Knowledge Weighs Nothing.
- "The Neo Survivalist`s Special"--Neo Survivalist. The author recently had posted an article on how to make torches out of cotton strips soaked in wax. This article explains how to use the left over scraps of wax impregnated cotton as firestarters.
- "Perspectives on Being the Gray Man"--The Order of the White Rose. "We talk a lot here about minimizing your online footprint. Minimizing your physical footprint and not drawing attention to yourself is just as important—and being able to spot the people around you who are gray is critical as well."
- "Make a Simple Intercom From a Pair of Old Corded Phones"--Radical Survivalism.
- "Checklist For Winterizing Your Home"--The Survival Place Blog. Not just getting your home ready for winter, but also getting your preps organized for a winter emergency.
- "Latest Test Results"--Survival UK. Faced with some plumbing issues, Skean Dhude decided to take the opportunity to test his survival preparations by going "off-grid" for a couple weeks. In this post, he describes how he did, and what problems/issues arose.
- "Abandoned Cars: Survival Salvage Ideas"--The Prepper Journal. More than just a source for siphoning old gasoline.
- "7 Secrets for Burning Sticks in the Rain"--Survival Sherpa. It takes preparation to be able to light and maintain fires in damp conditions.
- "Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Project Complete!"--Practical Prepping Blog. The author had purchased a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in 9 mm to serve as a "trunk gun" to carry in a vehicle. After about a year, he decided to make some upgrades to make it a better self-defense weapon. This post shows the end product.
- And, an absolute must for post-Thanksgiving: "Leftover Turkey Recipes That Don’t Suck"--Survival Mom.