Friday, June 19, 2020

511's Life's a Breach and Carson Short Sleeve Shirts

I've been looking for some shirts that work with using a shoulder holster, and started looking at 511's shirts that make use of their RAPIDraw™ system--basically snaps that look like regular buttons, intended so that you can simply rip the shirt open on the front to access a firearm without ripping off your buttons. It's a great concept. Unfortunately, it fell short in actual execution.

The two shirts I ordered were the Life's a Breach short sleeve shirt and the Carson short sleeve shirt. Quality was good--very well made shirts. The problem is that they were both in an athletic cut, which means that they slimmed down exactly where they needed to be left loose to conceal a firearm worn under the shirt. The holster and magazine pouch were very apparent under the covering garment (both my oldest son and I tried the shirts with our respective shoulder holster systems). I suppose that these might work with a sub-compact pistol in a belly-band holster or a similar firearm in some sort of close hugging under-the-arm holster, but completely useless for what I need. I'll be keeping the shirts because, as I noted, they were good quality shirts; just not as a cover garment for the shoulder holster systems.

1 comment:

A Few Videos On Defending Against A Hair Grab

Some different perspectives on this issue. The first video appears to be directed toward a male audience, while the other two are obviously ...