Friday, August 14, 2015

California Faces Record El Nino

(Source)

I've said before that I think California is cursed. The Daily Mail reports:
California will be hit by the biggest El Niño on record this winter, according to the latest forecast.

Dubbed the 'Godzilla El Niño' or 'Bruce Lee El Niño', the weather event looks set to bring more rain and tropical cyclones to the Pacific Southwest since records began in 1950.

But analysts warn it still won't be enough to atone for four years of record-breaking droughts.

In fact, the dry and cracked land will be hard-pushed to withstand the three-month storm, meaning there will likely be an onslaught of mudslides and floods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Age of Underpopulation

I took my title from an article at Watts Up With That entitled " The Age of Underpopulation is Here " by Steve Goreham. I've w...