- "Glenn Reynolds: Trump indicts America's ruling class." He comments: "To this ruling class, the rest of the country is sometimes an annoyance or obstacle, sometimes a source of necessary funds or votes, but always the “other” — not our kind, dear. Too ignorant, too unpolished, too unconnected to the right institutions and pieties to really count. With ruling-class Republicans having more in common with ruling-class Democrats than with the people they rule, it’s unsurprising that ... millions of voters feel orphaned. Democracy doesn’t do much for technocratically set policy that always seems to reflect ruling-class preferences, and people feel they’ve lost control of their own fates."
- "The Revolt Against the Ruling Class" by Robert Reich. "... as enthusiasm for the bombastic billionaire and the socialist senior continues to build within each party, the political establishment is mystified. ... They don't understand that the biggest political phenomenon in America today is a revolt against the 'ruling class' of insiders that have dominated Washington for more than three decades." And Reich should know because he is (or was) part of that ruling class.
- From The Washington Post: "Why Donald Trump is winning." "Many of them loathe political elites, especially leading Republicans, whom they accuse of breaking promises to secure the border and boost American workers. Trump loves to make fun of those elites, the activists in Rappahannock County said, and they love him for it."
- OSS Manuals available for download.
- SGC Stealth Antenna Book.
- A huge library of downloadable survival/prepping related books and such at Pole Shift Survival Information.
- "Your next battle field? Guyana vs. Venezuela..." from SNAFU!. Apparently a significant oil discovery has been found in land claimed by both Guyana and Venezuela, but currently occupied by Guyana. It doesn't sound like it will be much of a battle since Guyana has little in the way of a military.
- "The Shooting Drill You’re Probably Not Doing Enough…Or Correct" by John Mosby. Two words: snap shooting. (h/t Active Response Training).
- "You've seen this material before" at Raconteur Report. A brief discussion of why we should not forget about Ebola.
- "The 4-mile-tall pyramid mountain on dwarf planet Ceres is glowing." (See photograph above)
|Glowing (i.e., reflective) pyramid mountain on Ceres|