Thursday, June 16, 2022

Bombs & Bants (Streamed June 15, 2022)

 

VIDEO: "Bombs and Bants Live! Ep 40" (44 min.)
I wasn't able to sit in on this episode. I wish had been off hunting dinosaurs or handing out long range missiles as John suggested, but it was much more mundane: I was assisting with a church activity, helping supervise a group of youths (including two of my own kids) at a shooting range.

    Although I didn't attend the podcast, I have a few comments:

I have to concur with Mrs. Wilder's comments about Biden never having been raised in a household during comparable price spikes in gasoline. Biden was born in 1942. But if you look at the linked graph from the Department of Energy tracking gas prices from 1929 through 2011, you will see that gas prices barely rose in price during the whole time Biden was a youth (1942-1962). In fact, in real dollars, gas prices declined during that period. Moreover, adjusted into current dollars, gas was the equivalent of $2 or less during Biden's youth. Prices, I would note, that we never saw during Obama's presidency, and haven't seen since January 2020 when Biden was installed as President.

    Should have used Biden as a really slow AI, although I'm not sure Biden could pass the Turing test.

    I very much enjoy Dexter's Laboratory! But looking at the photograph of the dog man or whatever, the head is so far above the shoulders that it is obviously a mask/hood--a very badly designed one, to boot.

1 comment:

This Is Not Sustainable

Business Insider reports that " The US Navy has fired off nearly $1 billion in weapons fighting threats from Iran and the Houthis .&quo...