Thursday, July 31, 2014

Abandoned "Old-West" Resort in Japan

CREDIT TO: Shane Thoms
LINK TO: http://www.shanethoms.com/#!western-village-theme-park/c1093

Abandoned theme parks are always fun to check out (more so than visiting active theme parks).   
 
Built in 1975 and with a North American western colonial theme, its doors were closed forever in 2007 (due to lack of public interest).  It now sits abandoned, derelict and rotting away on the edge of a small rural town.
 
I reached the park in the early afternoon after a long drive.  It wasn?t hard to spot ? a massive dreary looking fake Mount Rushmore greeted me on the towns outskirts and I chuckled to myself.    The front entrance was far too open and exposed for my liking and some kind of local election thing at the time had people driving around in mini vans yelling slogans through loud speakers, so I decided to take a 20 minute walk down a quiet road and use the back entrance.  I climbed through a fence and some prickly bushes and found myself surrounded by little fibreglass Tepee?s (which
Daily Mail article here
... complete with mechanical Pandas in a Saloon. Check out the rest of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bystander Effect--Fact And Fiction

 Greg Ellifritz's most recent Weekend Knowledge Dump  included a link to an article on the bystander effect published at Aeon Magazine a...