Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Yellowstone Supervolcano Dying?

The Daily Mail reports:
It is believed to be the world's biggest volcano, and if it erupted, much of the US would be covered in ash. 
However, researchers believe the massive supervolcano beneath Yellowstone National Park in the US - which researchers recently found was 2.5 times bigger than they thought - could actually soon be dead. 
Researchers analysed water and gas, and sat [sic] it could already be on its deathbed.
Not a lot of detail, I know, but it is consistent with other information I've seen indicating that the caldera has been subsiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Age of Underpopulation

I took my title from an article at Watts Up With That entitled " The Age of Underpopulation is Here " by Steve Goreham. I've w...