Tuesday, September 29, 2020

E-Book Resource: "The Snubby Revolver" by Ed Lovette

  So when I discussed some of the more general sources of info recently, I generally listed some major repositories with the warning that you would need to explore those repositories to find the books and information that might interest you. But I thought I would periodically post more specific links to a collection, library, or specific titles that would be of interest to the prepper/survivalist.

     Today's selection is Ed Lovette's book, The Snubby Revolver (177 pages), revised edition. This book is out of print, and looking at Amazon, I see pricing starting at $63 for a used copy, and $145 for a new copy. Lovette's background is in special forces and the CIA (as a paramilitary officer). Based on what he says in the book, I take it that he has trained CIA field officers as well as law enforcement as to weapons for extreme close quarters (ECQ) combat. He sees the snub-nosed revolver as the best handgun for an up-close gun fight. The book discusses his reasoning for selecting the revolver over a semi-auto, advice and recommendations as to loads, sights, grips, holsters, reloading the weapon, tactics, and more.

DisclaimerI'm not the author of any of the documents or things linked above and cannot vouch for their accuracy or completeness--use them at your own risk. I am not responsible for the posting or offering of any of the documents or things in the collections and/or libraries and have no control over whether they are posted or taken down.

2 comments:

  1. Ed wrote an updated version that will be published in the next couple weeks. He sent me a review copy shortly after he finished it. It is significantly better than the original text(and I liked his original.

    Wait a couple weeks and download the new version. It is a significant revision and answers some of the questions I had after reading the original work when it was published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s good to know. Thank you. Will it be available through Amazon, or is there another site on which it will be offered?

      Delete

The Age of Underpopulation

I took my title from an article at Watts Up With That entitled " The Age of Underpopulation is Here " by Steve Goreham. I've w...