Friday, March 16, 2018

The Major Solar Storm That Wasn't

Earlier this week, major media outlets were loudly proclaiming that Earth would be struck by a strong solar storm that would disrupt communications and electronics. Except there was no such storm. I commented at the time, based on those same articles, that the warnings were an example of the Chicken Little cries of "the sky is falling" because even the articles, when you dug into them, only admitted to an insignificant coronal mass ejection. But even that was incorrect: there simply was no storm. I won't attempt to explain why the media was so spooked over nothing (or, perhaps more correctly, wanted the public spooked over nothing), but I would direct you to these two videos showing how calm our star was at the time:

"NO SOLAR STORM COMING | Nonsense News March.14.2018"--Suspicious Observers (1 min.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Age of Underpopulation

I took my title from an article at Watts Up With That entitled " The Age of Underpopulation is Here " by Steve Goreham. I've w...