Saturday, July 18, 2015

Travel and Thoughts

I apologize for the lack of posts. I've been travelling the last few days. Not because of business, or even pleasure, but to the funeral of my sister-in-law--my wife's eldest sister. She had been fighting cancer for the past several years, and it had gone into remission twice. The last time, the doctor had declared her cancer free. That was only a few months ago. It came back with a vengeance. The prior remissions had been miracles, surprising even the doctors; the rapidity with which it took her life was a blessing. Far better than prolonged suffering and decline. Now she is in heaven with her ancestors, and we will all meet after the resurrection in a far happier time and place. The two hymns we sang at the funeral were "Come, Come Ye Saints" and "God Be With You Until We Meet Again," both of which seemed appropriate for the circumstances.

The funeral was in Seattle, but the body is to be interned here, in Idaho, because it is where both her and her husband were from originally. Being a single father now, he is intending on moving here so that he has family to help out with raising his son. Rather than have the body shipped by air or driven down by the mortuary, my father-in-law wanted to transport the body himself, which seemed to satisfy my brother-in-law. So we drove up and back from Seattle, with my brother-in-law following in a separate vehicle. It was a long trip, but the longer for the frayed nerves. My wife had been in Seattle for most of the prior two-weeks visiting and helping out both prior to my sister-in-law's death, and afterward with making funeral arrangements. My brother-in-law and his son will be staying with us for a two or three weeks while he looks for work in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mason Dixon: The Use Of Shotguns

Some of you might have seen this already, but if not Mason Dixon Survivalist Association published an article on " Shotguns, Their Uses...