Friday, September 27, 2024

Weekend Reading

Last week, I had mentioned Jon Low's September 15, 2024, newsletter in my post "The Future Of Self-Defense May Involve Defense Against Gangs/Mobs." I had specifically recommended reading his list of 6 essential rifle skills and included the following quote from Jon:

     These gangs have automatic rifles.  Do you?  These gangs operate in coordinated teams.  Do you?  How is your militia or vigilante team?  Or do you think you can defend yourself and your family from the gangs by yourself?  Because the police are not responding.  Good luck on that.

      As Michael Mann says, "Prevention, not reaction."  If you want zero friendly casualties, you must strike pre-emptively and decisively.  If the police don't show up when good citizens complain of gangs, what makes you think the police will show up when the gangs complain about your militia?  I'm joking.  No, as a matter of fact, I'm not.  

Of course, and as always, there is a lot more in each newsletter, so be sure to check it out if you have not already done so.

    And Greg Ellifritz has published a new Weekend Knowledge Dump. He has links to articles on treating wounds and lacerations, hand held light techniques, a couple articles for fans of revolvers, a guide to universal holsters that actually work well, and more.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see a specific recommendation for the AR in Low's article, but I guess it's a given that it is pretty much the standard. I'm in that camp myself but, in the case of a lone individual encountering an armed gang on their property, a long-tube semi-auto shotgun is a formidable tool. At 5 or 6 rounds of 00-Buck...or even 7 or 8 rounds with magazine tube extensions, that's 60 to 80 projectiles spreading out with increasing distance. They may have numerical superiority, however not many people are willing to charge into a wall of buckshot. At minimum, it may be enough to scatter them and send them running...or limping.

    ReplyDelete

Weekend Reading

Last week, I had mentioned Jon Low's September 15, 2024, newsletter in my post " The Future Of Self-Defense May Involve Defense A...