In short, nothing that would prevent gangsters or terrorists from obtaining weapons.
- A Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives requirement that all sellers at gun shows or on the Internet must have a license and conduct background checks.
- An ATF rule requirement [sic] those buying "some of the most dangerous weapons and other items through a trust, corporation, or other legal entity" to undergo background checks.
- "Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch has sent a letter to States highlighting the importance of receiving complete criminal history records and criminal dispositions, information on persons disqualified because of a mental illness, and qualifying crimes of domestic violence."
- The FBI will process background checks 24/7 and hire 230 more staff to conduct the checks.
- ATF will hire 200 new agents to help enforce gun laws.
- A $500 million investment in mental health programs.
- "The Social Security Administration has indicated that it will begin the rulemaking process to include information in the background check system about beneficiaries who are prohibited from possessing a firearm for mental health reasons."
- "The Department of Health and Human Services is finalizing a rule to remove unnecessary legal barriers preventing States from reporting relevant information about people prohibited from possessing a gun for specific mental health reasons."
- "The President has directed the Departments of Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security to conduct or sponsor research into gun safety technology."
Congress will be called on to approve the funding for hiring the new ATF agents and the increased allocation to mental health programs.
- "The President has also directed the departments to review the availability of smart gun technology on a regular basis, and to explore potential ways to further its use and development to more broadly improve gun safety."
Update: Link to the White House's "fact sheet"