- The other day I cited to an article that indicated that the number one pre-attack indicator was that you were being an a**hole. Obviously, this is a broad generalization, covering everything from the person who attempts to bait or antagonize others, to someone who is bullying (i.e., initiating a dominance game), to the person that escalate a dominance game (falling into the trap of what Rory Miller calls the "monkey dance"). Yet, it is a good rule of thumb.
Another good self-defense point I came across the other day is "You Shouldn’t Try To Save A Woman You Don’t Know." The author sets out seven reasons, but it actually boils down to this: In such situations, the would-be "white knight" is generally thinking with the "monkey" part of his brain (or another part of his anatomy)--falsely imagining that he is going to be the hero riding to the rescue of a grateful damsel in distress--rather than analyzing the situation carefully.
- "German Justice Minister: Cologne attacks planned in advance"--Deutsche Welle. From the article:
Germany's Justice Minister Heiko Maas was the latest high-profile politician to speak out about the string of sexual assaults in Cologne on Sunday. In an interview with the popular "Bild am Sonntag" newspaper, Maas voiced his suspicions that the crimes which have the whole country reeling were not the result of an opportunistic mob mentality but a thought-out, planned attack on the city's women.
"No one can tell me that it wasn't coordinated and prepared," the minister said. "My suspicion is that this specific date was picked, and a certain number of people expected. This would again add another dimension [to the crimes]."
The newspaper provided details from official police reports citing the use of social networks by some north African migrant communities to encourage their fellows to join them in the square between the Cologne train station and the cathedral, where the now hundreds of incidents of molestation and pick-pocketing took place.
However, like a good little Eurocrat, he also warned German citizens to just shut-up and put-up with it.
- Related: "500 Unwanted 'Guests' Stormed Nightclub, Sexually Assaulted Women In Bielefeld Germany New Years Eve"--Blazing Cat Fur (posting a translation of an article from Germany's Focus Online). Note that this is in addition to the other crimes which have previously been reported.
- Related: "Merkel gets tough on migrant lawbreakers as Cologne assaults soar"--AFP. "Cologne police said they have now recorded 379 cases of New Year's Eve violence -- ranging from groping to theft to two reported rapes -- with asylum seekers and illegal migrants making up the majority of suspects." Also, "Of the cases reported so far, 40 percent related to sexual violence, Cologne police said in a statement. 'Those in focus of criminal police investigations are mostly people from North African countries. The majority of them are asylum seekers and people who are in Germany illegally,' police added, confirming witness accounts." Although the German police are apparently unable to use force to stop crime by the Migrants, the story makes clear that they are more than willing willing to use force against those protesting the invasion of Europe.
- Related: "Germany Proves That 'Rape Culture' Is Merely A Political Weapon Against Western Men"--Roosh Valizadeh writing at Return of the Kings. He observes: "I expected the establishment to immediately start programs or make posters that teach Syrian men how not to sexually assault German women. Instead, they have instructed women how to take responsibility for their safety, an action that they’ve been insisting for years is the same as 'blaming the victim.'"
- Related: "Angela Merkel must go"--Vox Popoli. "Eurabia will never happen. This isn't even the third-most-serious Islamic invasion of Europe. Just remember that if the repatriations are delayed too long, and 'kill them all' eventually becomes public policy, it was the multiculturalists and immigrationists who are to blame. Not the ultranationalists. They didn't want their future 'victims' there in the first place."
- "When Worlds Collide: Unassimilable Muslim Migrants Crash Europe’s Fantasy Islam"--National Review.
The Muslim men used a tactic that has escaped the notice of fantasy Islam devotees but is well known to those of us who’ve followed the scant reports on the rape jihad as it has proceeded from Tahrir Square to Malmö to Rotherham: A group of men encircles the targeted woman or girl, trapping her while walling off police and other would-be rescuers. Knowing they are a protected class, the Muslim men have no fear of the cops — “You can’t do anything to me,” and “Mrs. Merkel invited me here,” are just some of the reported taunts. By the time “help” reaches one victim, the assailants have moved on to the next. It is not very effective law enforcement . . . but at least the cops can’t be accused of “Islamophobia,” right?
... Try as they might, German officials have been unable to put a lid on accounts from police explaining that “the large majority” of assailants they were able to identify were “from Syria,” or observing that “there were thousands of people who could not be specifically identified but who had an immigrant background, and were most probably refugees.”
* * *
[Sheikh Yusuf al-]Qaradawi is the most influential Muslim intellectual behind the strategy of, as he puts it, “conquering” Europe and America by “dawa” — the aggressive proselytism of Islamic mores. The plan calls for flooding the West with Muslim migrants, directing them to resist assimilation, establishing Islamic enclaves, and pressuring the host country to concede the enclave’s right to govern itself in accordance with sharia — Islam’s societal framework and legal code.
As I’ve previously explained, when Muslims are seeking conquest, Islamic scripture endorses sexual assault as a weapon to establish their dominance. “O Prophet,” Allah is said to have announced (in the Koran’s sura 33:50), “We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou has paid their dowers, and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the captives of war whom Allah has assigned to thee.” In the Western ministries of fantasy Islam, the pols and their note-takers will thumb their chins and wonder what could possibly have motivated the German attacks — just as they wonder what could possibly explain the European sexual-assault crisis that has, by some mysterious coincidence, coincided with mass Muslim migration.
The rest of us will know that there is a strategy: conquest. Just as in the Middle East, women and girls in the West are the spoils of jihad, the vehicle for intimidating non-Muslims into surrendering sovereignty over the streets. If they want to be safe, Sheikh Qaradawi warns, they must submit to Islam’s sartorial suffocation. If not, well, they have it coming. By the way, since President Obama entered office, the United States has issued over 100,000 green cards per year to migrants from Muslim-majority countries. That’s just green cards — it doesn’t count the thousands of visas issued to students, tourists, and temporary workers. With the Republican-controlled Congress fully funding the effort, the government is on pace to award another 680,000 green cards to Muslim migrants — with their entitlement to lifetime residency, federal benefits, and a path to citizenship — in the next five years. As Sheikh Qaradawi and Mayor Reker might say, I’m sure it won’t be a problem . . . as long as the women “maintain their modesty.”
- "The Gun-Control Rift Exposed by Obama"--The Atlantic. Now that the Democrats have decided they don't need the support of blue-collar workers, gun control is going to be a central plank of the Democratic party.
- "Student visa program is allowing terrorists to infiltrate US and foreign scientists to study weapons technology, former Homeland Security official claims"--Daily Mail.
- News from the American Redoubt: "Idaho terrorist sentenced to 25 years in prison"--Fox News. A slight clarification is in order: the headline should indicate that a Muslim Uzbek refugee living in Idaho was sentenced to 25 years in prison on terrorism charges.
- "5.45×39: Small But Perfect, A History of Development (Part 1)"--The Firearms Blog. This is a great read, providing some history of the development of the cartridge I have not seen elsewhere.
- "New .22 Pistol: The SW22 Victory"--The Firearms Blog. This is just an announcement of the release of the handgun, but has some nice pictures. It looks like a blend of features from both the Ruger .22/45 and Browning Buckmark.