- "This Orphaned Burn Victim Lost Her Family In an Arson Attack—All She Wants For Christmas Is Your Cards"--Redbook. The girl is named Sa’fyre (h/t Weasel Zippers).
- "Hunt for a THIRD terrorist linked to San Bernardino attackers: Syed Farook planned attack in 2012 with someone else - and his wife could have been a terror 'operative'"--Daily Mail. "Farook and an unidentified person conspired in 2012 and a specific target was considered, officials said, adding that they could not elaborate on how serious the plot was. But they did not go through with the earlier attack after several terror-related arrests in the area had them ‘spooked’, an official told CNN." Also: "One of the Reuters government sources said Farook and Malik apparently pursued a scenario previously followed by US-based militants by draining their bank accounts and maxing out credit cards before launching what they believe to be a suicide mission, knowing that they would not have to pay off the debts."
- "San Bernardino shooting planned a year in advance: report"--The Hill.
- "San Bernardino Shooter Visited 11 School Cafeterias"--Breitbart. "San Bernardino school officials have revealed that due to his job as a San Bernardino County health inspector, terrorist Syed Rizwan Farook inspected eleven school sites in the county for months before he massacred 14 people and wounded 21 others last week."
Islam and Immigration:
- Who speaks for Islam? "Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world"--Pew Research Center. "Nearly all Muslims in Afghanistan (99%) and most in Iraq (91%) and Pakistan (84%) support sharia law as official law. But in some other countries, especially in Eastern Europe and Central Asia – including Turkey (12%), Kazakhstan (10%) and Azerbaijan (8%) – relatively few favor the implementation of sharia law." And, while most Muslims said that they were opposed to violence, "[i]n a few countries, a quarter or more of Muslims say that these acts of violence are at least sometimes justified, including 40% in the Palestinian territories, 39% in Afghanistan, 29% in Egypt and 26% in Bangladesh."
- Related: "Dispelling the ‘Few Extremists’ Myth – the Muslim World Is Overcome with Hate"--The National Review. "... jihadists represent the natural and inevitable outgrowth of a faith that is given over to hate on a massive scale, with hundreds of millions of believers holding views that Americans would rightly find revolting. Not all Muslims are hateful, of course, but so many are that it’s not remotely surprising that the world is wracked by wave after wave of jihadist violence."
- Related: "Memo to Obama: ISIS Doesn’t Care If We Pretend They’re Not Islamic"--Amber Smith at the Independent Journal.
- "Republicans' most senior leader disowns Trump for demand to ban all Muslims saying it is 'not what this party stands for and not what this country stands for'"--Daily Mail. Only sort of true--Democrats have favored immigration restrictions and internment camps in the past.
- Related: "CARTER BANNED IRANIANS FROM COMING TO US DURING HOSTAGE CRISIS"--Front Page Magazine. You can read Pres. Carter's full statement here.
- "Black Lives Matter activist and New York Daily News columnist Shaun King recently went on an anti-gun Twitter tirade in which he asserted that white men enjoy holding firearms because they have 'small penises' and 'low sex drive.'" Yet "he was once forced to resign from his job at his alma mater, Morehouse College ... for brandishing a gun while trying to drive his car through a crowded campus block party." A classic example of "projection".
- "Pew poll says millennials support gun rights, WaPo calls this 'mysterious'"--Red Alert Politics.
- Related: "The AR-15 Is More Than a Gun. It’s a Gadget"--Wired.
- "Chris Kyle would be so proud: American Sniper widow Taya beats champion NRA marksman with perfect score at charity sharpshooting competition"--Daily Mail.
- "College Bans Christmas Songs, OKs Giant Menorah Lighting"--The Daily Caller. This is called viewpoint discrimination.
- "HASTA LA VISTA, SOCIALISM!"--Powerline Blog.
"Government control over the economy, beginning with liberal hero Hugo Chavez and continuing under his successor, Nicolás Maduro, resulted in poverty for pretty much everyone outside the ruling elite. (Socialism produces the most rigid class distinctions of any economic system.) Venezuelans were engaging in knife fights in grocery stores, trying to grab the last loaf of bread. Toilet paper disappeared, as Venezuela could neither produce nor buy such a humble product. The disaster was complete."
However, the electoral victory over Maduro's party is not going to be the end of it--socialists never willingly give up power.
- Vox Day responds to a suggestion that gun owners should attempt to dialogue with the gun control nuts:
No. We don't want a discussion. We aren't discussing anything. There is nothing to discuss. There will be no debate. There is absolutely nothing you can say to move us one iota. We have very clearly communicated the same message over and over again: No. Under no circumstances.
- "SgtMajor Marine who led Integrated Task Force breaks silence about women in combat"--USMC Life. “The best women in the GCEITF as a group in regard to infantry operations were equal or below, in most cases, to the lowest 5 percent of men as a group in this test study. They are slower on all accounts in almost every technical and tactical aspect and physically weaker in every aspect across the range of military operations.”
- Well, the big news today in the world of firearms is the CNBC story (warning: video automatically starts playing) alleging that Remington's management knew as early as 1989 that the Model 700 triggers were defective, but covered it up over fears that changing the design would be seen as a sign of guilt. Nathaniel F. at the Firearms Blog gives a more detailed explanation of why the trigger has problems.
- Related (sort of): "Winchester XPR Recall"--The Firearms Blog. Winchester has issued a recall of its XPR rifles because of a potential trigger/safety defect.
- The Firearms Blog has posted two more parts of its tests of its ammo tests of G2 RIP, Liberty Civil Defense, Inceptor, and Lehigh Defense Rounds:
- "Why the SVD is still kicking a half-century later"--Firearms Talk.
- "The KA-BAR and the Fairbairn-Sykes: two fighting children of different philosophies"--Roger Norling at HROARR.
Update: added the links to articles on weapons.