|The Course of Empire - The Savage State, Cole Thomas (1836)|
- "Tsunami Advisory For Hawaii, Parts of California After Chile Quake"--NBC News (automatic play video at the link).
- "Tsunami Advisory Issued for California Coast Following Deadly 8.3-Magnitude Quake in Chile"--KTLA 5.
- "Why Chile’s Latest Big Earthquake Has a Smaller Death Toll"--New York Times.
- "Tsunami alert for Hawaii and California after powerful 8.3 magnitude earthquake hits Chile, killing at least eight, forcing one million to flee"--Daily Mail.
- "3 Helpful Tips for Spider-geddon"--Perky Prepping Gramma. Some ideas of getting rid of spiders.
- "Survival Stockpiling Tips: Bathroom Tissue"--Survival Life. Tips on storing toilet paper.
- "6 Simple Ways To Protect Your Rural Home (When You’re Miles And Miles From Police)"--Off The Grid News. They are: (1) get a dog; (2) put up no trespassing signs; (3) use locking gates on all driveways; (4) install a perimeter fence; (5) use motion activated spot lights; and (6) invest in surveillance or game cameras. I would also add a seventh: install and use an alarm system.
- "3 Barter Items You Probably Haven’t Considered But Will Be Valuable Even If the Poop Doesn’t Hit the Fan!"--Ed That Matters. The list: (1) medicines, (2) air horns, and (3) cans of insulating foam for filling cracks and gaps.
- "Stalking: The Lost Art of Getting Close to Wild Animals"--Survival Sherpa.
- "Photographer hikes around giant Arizona lake to reveal dramatic reduction in water levels in remote areas as US heads for a 'mega-drought'"--Daily Mail. Whatever is happening in the desert Southwest, in my area (Idaho), we had an unusually warm July, followed by a cooler than normal August and, so far, September. This month has also seen more precipitation. I suspect that we will have a longer (and wetter) winter than is normal, but on par with the majority of the last several years.
- "Why Americans Still Think the Economy Is Terrible"--New York Times. "The median American household in 2014 had a lower income, in inflation-adjusted terms, than it did in 2013. ... A middle-income American family, in other words, makes substantially less money in inflation-adjusted terms than it did 15 years ago."
- "Barack Obama’s Half-Clocked Tale of Islamophobia"--PJ Media. There is more to the story about Ahmed Mohamed, the 14 year old that was arrested for bringing an electronic clock to school, and invited by Obama to the White House. The device doesn't look like a clock; it was in a brief-case; and Ahmed wasn't too articulate about what it was when questioned. Perhaps the problem is not Ahmed religion or ethnicity, but the "if you see something, say something," and "zero tolerance" memes coming from our government and schools.
- "Sexbots: Why Women Should Panic"--Breitbart. (Warning: probably not safe to read around women). Such devices threaten to upset the power dynamic between men and women that the feminists/Marxists have created over the past 100 years.
- "Inside the cave that was home to Denisovans, Neanderthals AND Homo sapiens: Different species of early man used the same shelter for thousands of years"--Daily Mail.
- "How Nerf's "Smart" Pistols Shoot Only From a Loaded Barrel"--Popular Mechanics.