- "Chief of elite Tajik police unit defects to Islamic State, vows jihad against enemies" from the Jerusalem Post. This chief, Colonel Gulmurod Khalimov, commanded a special police unit used for anti-terrorism and organized crime. And he was trained by the U.S.
- "US PALM AK-47 Mags"--a review by Breach Bang Clear.
- "Pelvic Shooting, the Best Worst Option" at Monderno. A look at the terminal ballistics of shooting someone in the pelvis.
- "How ISIS took Ramadi" from Peter Grant.
- "Capt James Fanell is the person that started me on the path of watching China..." at SNAFU!. He discusses a rather candid presentation by Capt. Fanell about China's military threat.
- "A Prepper Library of PDFs" compiled by Blue Collar Prepping.
- "Guest Post: Hollywood Tactics..." A guest post at Blue Collar Prepping discussing some tactics, including getting through the fatal funnel, and why things you see in movies can get you killed.
- "'The Farmer at War' and Texas floods." FerFal follows up on his earlier article on how farmers survive SHTF, and offers some thoughts about the floods in Texas.
- "How To Block IR Infrared Thermal Imaging." A 2013 article from the Modern Survival Blog, mostly focusing on using Mylar emergency blankets.
- "Valid threats that everyone avoids" at Survival UK.
- "How To: Burner Phone." An article at TEOTWAWKI Blog about purchasing and setting up a burner phone. If you are going to use a burner phone, you also need to read "How They Hunt" from the Lizard Farmer.
- "This Ecocapsule Tiny Home Lets You Live Off-Grid Anywhere In The World!" An article at True Activist on a small one or two person shelter (camper?) that is solar and wind powered.
- Neo-Survivalist. Not an article, but a blog I discovered a few weeks ago that has many excellent articles on wilderness survival techniques. Check it out.
Thursday, May 28, 2015
A Quick Run Around the Web: May 28, 2015
Between an uptick in projects at work and jobs that needed doing around the yard/garden at home, I've not had as much time to blog this past week or so. So, the best I can do is point you to some interesting and/or useful articles:
VIDEO: " The M1D Sniper Rifle, the most lethal version of the M1 Garand "--Garand Thumb (22 min.) This was one of the later snip...